Chapter 68: Menagerie

[Flashback]

*??? POV*

I swung my fist at the guy wearing the suit of Green Armor in front of me, making him fall to the ground. My Balance Breaker surrounded me, as I grabbed his arm and threw him into a tree.

"Who are you!?" I yelled, "How did you find Gaos!?"

He didn't respond and pushed himself up. He seemed to have inhuman durability, to the point where he was shrugging off stab wounds that should've killed him.

"DIE!"

The voice he spoke with wasn't human, devil, angel, or otherwise. In fact, it didn't belong to anything on Remnant.

"Partner!" Funus' voice rang out through my mind, "He has made a deal, giving his body to Gaos for incredible power! If we do not defeat him now, the world will surely be destroyed!"

"Okay then," I responded, "Let's finish this!"

I raised my sword high above my head, as he charged closer. There was a flash of lighting, and he was only a few feet away.

"DIE!"

"You first!"

[Flashback Over]

*Third Person POV*

Ophis, Raynare, Ravel, Yang, Torchwick, and Neo sat on the boat, crossing a large channel towards menagerie. Torchwick had his hat pulled down to cover his face, and Neo had found a change of clothes so she wasn't recognized.

 Torchwick had his hat pulled down to cover his face, and Neo had found a change of clothes so she wasn't recognized

"I still don't see how that's a disguise," Yang said, "You put on new clothes and a hat."

Neo just shrugged, and they both turned towards the island they were traveling to. Ophis, on the other hand, sat on the bow and read a book. She couldn't keep her mind from wandering, towards thoughts of Y/n and where he is.

'Master,' She thought, 'Where are you? Are you okay? It's not nice to make your queen worry like this about your safety.'

She silently cursed her king for making her worry, and began to plan all the things she would do to him when she found him.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the ship's whistle was blown, and an announcement was made.

"Five minutes till arrival!"