Chapter 76: Memories

*??? POV*

I clutched at my shoulder, where blood was pouring out of my wounds. I tried to slow the bleeding by wrapping my cloak tightly around my shoulder. The white was slowly being replaced by red, as my blood stained the cloak.

"..Funus," I said weakly, "Come out."

Funus appeared on my arm, and hovered in front of me. I looked into his purple eyes, remembering the time we first met. It had been in that forest many years ago, when I had just become a student at Beacon.

"Yes, partner?" He said, "We should call for Zeoticus, you are losing blood fast."

"Partner," I interrupted, "Do you remember the spell used before we left?"

He nodded, "You changed your family's memories to remove me, for good reason."

"That's not all I got rid of," I corrected, "I made it so Y/n wouldn't remember his father or siblings. He'll grow up thinking he's a human."

"Really?" He questioned, "Was Zeoticus okay with this?"

"I told him already," I answered, "He agreed that it was best to keep Y/n safe. But there's still one thing I need to do in order to secure his safety."

I held up my hand, and a glyph appeared in front of Funus. He attempted to fly away, but I stopped him.

"Funus, I order you to stay still."

He stopped and looked at me.

"What is this Partner?" He asked, "What are you doing?"

"Don't worry Funus," I said solemnly, "I just want you to promise me something."

"What is it?"

"Protect Y/n with your life."

The glyph began to glow, and Funus looked me in the eye.

"I swear."

"Thank you...friend."

With a flash of light, he disappeared. I weakly stood up, confident in the fact that my son would have nothing to worry about in the future, as long as he and Funus met.

"THERE YOU ARE!"

I turned to the demented voice, seeing the giant green suit of armor standing above me. He held his sword high, prepared to bring it down on me.

"Bring it, you bitch."

I said, as I prepared my weapon to strike. Lightning flash, as we both leapt at each other, prepared to finish it here.