Chapter 40: The Past

*Y/n POV*

It was about halfway through the week. Funus was chilling on the mantle, enjoying the heat coming off the fire. Ophis was off taking a nap, in my room. I was just chilling on the sofa, reading a book on ancient devil history, in the same room where Dad had told me tons of stories of his time in war.

"Hey buddy," Dad said, entering the room, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing much."

He sat down next to me, and I sat up.

"Hey Dad?"

"Yes, buddy?"

"Umm," I hesitated, "When did you meet my mom?"

He looked at me weirdly.

"I told you the story about how I met Venelana. It was-"

"No, not Mom." I said, "My mom... Summer."

"Oh..."

I looked at him, as he looked down.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

He looked back up, giving me a smile, "No no no, you deserve to know."

He scratched his chin, as he prepared his story.

"Now let's see... you're 18, so it was 19 years ago..."

{Flashback}

*Zeoticus POV*

I walked through the forest, looking for any sign of the fallen angels I was hunting. I had received rumors of people with black wings going in and out of the forest, carrying boxes of stuff.

I heard rustling in the bushes, and turned quickly, preparing magic to fire.

"Come out now!" I yelled.

A girl with black hair and red highlights came out from behind a tree. She had a sword with her, and wore a white hood. She was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.

"Please don't hurt me," she said, "I'm not looking for trouble."

I put my hand down, "Who are you, and why are you here?"

"I'm Summer Rose!" she announced, "I'm a huntress in training! I came to look for those strange people who were going in an out of the forest!"

"Oh, you're here for the same reason I am."

"Really?"

"Yes," I said, "Those people are fallen angels, they're most likely using this place to hide something. I am Zeoticus Gremory"

"So you hunt these people down?"

"Yes."

"Then do you mind if I come with you?"

I looked over to her, seeing that she was not kidding.

"Fine. But if you get hurt, don't blame me."

We began to move through the forest, and she moved ahead, leading the way. She seemed to have natural leadership qualities.

"So, you're a huntress in training?" I asked.

"Yep!" She said, "Beacon Academy!"

"Do you lead your team?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"You have natural leadership qualities," I said, "Whether you know it or not, you're leading me through the forest, completely naturally."

"Y-you really think so?"

I looked over, and saw that she had a massive blush on her face. She looked really cute.

"Yes. You make a fine leader."

"T-thank you."

"Now, let's find the fallen angels."

We continued to walk through the forest, and found a massive cave, where I could sense three fallen angels.

"They're here." I said, "Get ready to fight."

She pulled out her sword. I prepared some magic, and we walked into the cave. It was completely empty, with empty crates laid everywhere.

"Where are they?" Summer asked, "I can't see them.

"Well well well," A voice said, "Zeoticus Gremory."

Three fallen angels came down from the ceiling, flying on their wings.

"I'll give you all the chance to give up," I said, "I'll make your deaths quick."

"Oh please," The leader said, "It's three on two. Let's get 'em boys!"

The fallen angels pulled out light spears, and threw them at us. I created a barrier around us, protecting both of us.

"Summer, I need you to handle that one!" I said, pointing to one, "I'll get the other two!"

"Right!"

The barrier disappeared, and I ran at two of them. I dodged another spear, and jumped up to one of the angels. I punched him in the face, and he was sent flying. He collided with the wall, and I turned to the other.

"You bastard!"

I prepared some magic, and pointed it at his face, as he charged at me. I fired the blast, and he went flying into the wall. I looked over and saw summer had trouble with the other angel.

I fired some magic at him, and he was sent flying at the wall.

"Whew," she said, "Thanks, Zeoticus."

"Yeah. Let's go. I'll call someone to handle these fallen."

[Timeskip]

I leaned against the bar, where I was waiting for someone to go get the fallen angels. Summer was around here somewhere, but she was walking around.

Speaking of her, she came up beside me, and leaned against the bar.

"Zeoticus," She said, "I know that something weird is going on. You're not human, are you?"

"No." I said.

"Then what are you?"

I sighed, "I am a devil. I lead the Gremory house."

She looked away, and I sighed.

"If you want to leave, go now. Pretend you never saw me and I'll never show up again."

"W-what?!" She said, "No, that's not what I want."

"What do you want then?"

She shuffled on her feet, and she had a deep blush.

"I-I..."

"What is it?"

"I think I love you!"

My eyes were wide, as I looked at the girl. She stood there, not even looking at me.

I gently wrapped my arms around her, and she looked up at me.

"Zeoticus..."

She leaned into me, and she kissed me deeply. I returned this kiss, and when we split, she looked at me with a naughty look.

"Well," she said, "Why don't we get a room?"

We ordered a room at the inn, and that night-

{Flashback Over}

*Zeoticus POV*

"Stop stop stop!" Y/n yelled, flailing his hands around, "I don't need to hear about that!"

I chuckled, watching him fake vomit over the back of the couch.

"You asked the question."

"I regret my actions."

"Well, that's how I met your mother."