Chapter 64: Patch

*Ophis POV*

Raynare, Ravel, and I walked up the path, towards the small house. We were on the island of Patch, and we're here to get Ruby and Yang. Once we have them, we're going to find Master.

We reached the door and Raynare knocked on the oak door. It was hard, fast knocks and I quickly heard people come to the door. It opened, and revealed a blonde guy wearing a jacket and shorts. I recognized him as Taiyang Xaio-Long, the man who abused Master.

"Who are you?" He asked, "What the hell do you want?"

"We need to speak to Yang and Ruby," Ravel said, "It's urgent."

Taiyang gave us a raised eyebrow, and I could feel my anger rising at the mere sight of this jackass.

"Who are you people?"

"Friends from Beacon," I growled, "Can we speak to them or not?"

He sighed dejectedly, "Ruby isn't here. She went off with her uncle and some other friends. As for Yang... she's upstairs, but good luck getting through to her."

He stepped aside, and they walked into the house. Looking around, there were pictures of Ruby and Yang everywhere, as well as a woman in a white cloak who looked identical to Ruby.

"Who is that?" Raynare asked.

"Summer Rose," Ophis answered, "Y/n's mother."

"Bitch." She whispered.

They walked towards the stairs and went up, towards a door that was down the hall. They walked up and knocked, hearing Yang's voice.

"Leave me alone."

"Yang," Ophis called, "It's Ophis. I'm out here with Raynare and Ravel. We need your help. Y/n needs your help."

They heard shuffling, and then a shadow appeared at the bottom of the door.

"Where's everyone else?" Yang asked.

"We don't know," Ravel said, "We're going to find them."

They heard some rustling, and then the sound of the door unlocking. The door slowly opened, and revealed Yang, her hair messed up and a bandage wrapped around the stump that was her arm.

"I'm sorry," She said, "I can't help you. Thanks for visiting."

She walked away and toward her bed, laying down silently. The three walked into her room and looked around, seeing pictures of her and Ruby and even Y/n on shelves. They were surprised that there were pictures of her and Y/n, happily hugging each other. Yang herself had no idea when the picture was taken, but she kept it as a memento.

"Yang," Raynare said, "We need your help, we can't find Y/n without you."

Yang held up the stump of her arm uselessly, "I can't help you. I can't even use my gear anymore."

Ophis sighed, and turned to leave, "Girls, we're going. It's clear she doesn't want to help us find Y/n, so let's go."

They walked out of the room, leaving Yang alone in her room.

*Yang POV*

"Yang," Aurum said, "You can't just sit around all day."

"I know," I replied, "But what am I supposed to do. I am missing an arm."

Aurum sighed, "Yang, Y/n needs your help. If he's out there fighting Salem, he's bound to lose."

"He's strong," I retorted, "He's the great Dragon Tamer, The Holy Dragon."

"Yet he lost to Salem once," He replied, "And lost his arm, as you did yours. And he's still out there, working to save the world. So tell me Yang, as my wielder, are you willing to watch him run away again? Cause this time, you might not ever see him again."

As he spoke, I felt my heart begin to beat harder. There was something inside me that was still fighting, Aurum's spirit.

*Third Person POV*

Ophis, Raynare, and Ravel walked away from the house, feeling dejected. As Y/n's queen, Ophis felt the worse, seeing as she couldn't even convince his Rook to help them. As they were walking away, they began to devise a new plan.

"What now?" Ravel asked.

"Find Ruby and the rest," Raynare answered, "There's no other option."

"Now hold on a second!"

They all were surprised at the voice they heard behind them. They turned around, seeing the flaming blonde standing there, a new jacket and shirt on and her hair cleaned. The sleeve of her jacket was tied, covering up the stump.

"Now, we're going to find Y/n, right?"