Chapter 67: Signs

*Third Person POV*

While Ophis and the rest of Y/n's peerage were beginning to search for the other members, Rias and her peerage were beginning their search for the shadows, sure that they would lead them to Y/n.

Rias had her peerage out researching any possible clue on the whereabouts of the unknown assassins. The problem stood that the shadows did not make finding them easy, and they only had a few crimes, many of which the shadows were only suspects of.

"Ms.Gremory," A voice came at the door, "It's me."

Rias walked over and opened the door to the hotel room, recognizing the guy behind it.

"Daniel," She said, "Did you find anything?"

"Just this," The man said, placing a large rifle case on the table, "The rifle used to kill General Ironwood."

He opened the case, revealing the rifle. They all stood around the table, looking over the rifle. There was nothing special about it, no modifications, no identification, or anything.

"Well thank you Daniel," Rias said, "I'll call you if I need anything more."

"Not anymore Ms.Gremory," Daniel said, "Sirzechs has asked me to start searching for something else, and I have to go."

"Thanks anyway."

The man named Daniel walked towards the balcony, and quickly took off, red bat wings exploding from his back. He quickly disappeared into the city, and everyone else returned to their research.

After a few minutes had passed, there was another knock at the door. This time, Akeno stood up to open it, revealing a tall man in a trench coat and fedora.

"Rias," Akeno called, "It's him again."

The man walked in, and Rias eyed him down.

"Why are you here?" She growled, "And why do you have so much information on Y/n?"

The man just chuckled dryly, as he pulled a new manila folder out of his jacket. He placed it on the desk in front of Rias, and then turned to leave.

"Do you really believe you're the only ones looking for Y/n, Gremory?" He said, "Cause his peerage is also out there, and they're hot on his trail."

"What?!" Asia yelled, "But we've been working so hard!"

"We have to find Senpai," Koneko said, "Before they do!"

"And we will," Rias said, looking through the folder the man had left, "Where did you-"

She looked up, only to see that the man had left without a word. No one had even noticed he had left, and the door slowly swung shut.

"What's in the folder, Rias?" Kiba said, walking over to the desk.

"I'm not entirely sure," Rias said, "But I have a feeling this is Y/n. And even if he's not, if we find this guy we find Y/n."

She placed a picture on the desk, and they all stood around and looked at it. The picture was taken a few days before, in the Emerald Forest near the ruins of Beacon.

They showed a man in a ratty cloak, one of his eyes glowing gold.