Ch.30: Le Grand Guignol (2nd revised version)

A/N: The cure isn't still in Katherine, so if she gets bitten or anything, no one will become human like her and Silas doesn't need her for her blood. By now, Silas is long gone and dead because of Stefan. Time is still catching up with her, though.

It was a dark night in New Orleans, as Katherine Pierce, newly made human, walked on the route to the compound. She couldn't believe it had come to this. Coming to Klaus for protection. If he didn't give her his protection, she knew that she would die. She didn't want to die, though she had lived a long life. After all, she had been a 500-year-old vampire. She still something to live for. She had a daughter, Nadia Petrova, and Elijah Mikaelson whom she so dearly loved. He was her life. He and Nadia was the best thing that ever happened to her in centuries.

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" a male voice asked from an alleyway, before stepping into her view.

She stopped.

"Why don't you bother someone else? I'm not in the mood to deal with vampires. I'm just visiting someone," she replied, assuming he had plans to eat her.

He went to stand in front of her.

When he grabbed her and bit into the side of her neck, drinking from her, she kneed him in the gut, which made him let her go. She then stabbed him, just grazing his heart, before he could recover. And then she walked the rest of the way to the compound.

She walked inside and looked around, looking for an Original or a certain werewolf.

"Klaus?" she called at a normal tone. "Rebekah? Elijah? Hayley?"

She headed up the stairs, ignoring the pain from the bite mark on the side of her neck.

Once upstairs, a lady with blond hair came out of a room.

"Klaus isn't exactly able to help you right now. Maybe I can?"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Elijah stabbed him with a magical knife to keep him from using it to kill Rebekah."

"I'm not even sure if I want to know why. What's your name?" Kat asked her.

"Cami. Elijah sent me here to watch him. Plus, I'm the only human with vervain in my system. It'll slow him down and Elijah needs him to stay here. What's your name?"

"Katherine Pierce. I was born Katerina Petrova, though. The only reason I'm here is to beg Klaus for protection, since asking won't bode well with him. I used to be a 500-year-old vampire, but the cure for vampirism got shoved down my throat. Klaus is my worst enemy. I ran from him for 500 years after he slaughtered my entire village, including my family, in Bulgaria. After this, I need to see the witches to see if they can stop time from catching up with me. The cure is pretty much killing me. I can't even digest vampire blood. The only good thing that has come out of this is that my long lost daughter my father tore from my arms in 1492, Nadia found me," Kat answered her.

Kat walked into Klaus' room to see him out cold from what she assumed torture. There was only one magical knife she knew of. The one that is said to give anyone and anything torture beyond your comprehension or imagination. And even after what Klaus had done to her and her family, not even Klaus deserved that kind of torment. She couldn't help but feel sympathy and sorry for him.