Ch.15: Sad Song

You and I

We're like fireworks and symphonies

Exploding in the sky

With you

I'm alive

Like all the missing pieces of my heart

They finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight

'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you

I feel broke

Like I'm half of a whole

Without you

I've got no hand to hold

Without you

I feel torn

Like a sail in a storm

Without you

I'm just a sad song

I'm just a sad song

It was a dismal night in New Orleans, as Klaus took a walk through the French Quarter. His siblings, apart from Freya, had given up on him. They wanted to leave him to his own demise, which he didn't like. He knew he'd brought this upon himself, though. He was the one that had wanted his siblings to hate him so that he'd take down Aunt Dahlia by himself. That's what he'd wanted. Now, he was afraid that he'd caused his family to fall apart for good this time around.

An hour later, he stopped in his tracks, having ventured into the woods instead of being his old self and killing random people. He stopped walking, smelling Katerina. It wasn't just her, though. From the mixed smells, he knew that she was human again and injured. He knew she was supposed to be dead as of nearly two years ago, but it didn't make him surprised at her being alive. She was Katerina. He'd known her for 544 years enough to know that she always managed to survive. Apparently, even dying of old age couldn't keep her dead for long. Not that he wanted to see her dead anymore. When Damon had called him to tell him that Katerina was dying, he didn't like that she was dying. He'd wanted to find a way to save her from that. He knew that he couldn't stop it, though. Despite the past, he'd never wish what had happened to Katerina to happen to his greatest enemy. He had a bad way of showing it, but he had at least some care for her. There was a reason that he had never killed her. He'd had plenty chances, but when it came down to it, he didn't want to kill her. He just wanted to continue the cat and mouse game they'd played since 1492.

With you, I fall

It's like I'm leaving all my past and silhouettes up on the wall

With you, I'm a beautiful mess

It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears up on the edge

So stop time right here in the moonlight

'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you

I feel broke

Like I'm half of a whole

Without you