Ch.21: You Can Send Me Under

Don't bury me

Don't lay me down

Don't say it's over

'Cause that's what sent me under

Under

Under

I died

Every time you walk away

Don't leave me alone with me

See

I'm afraid

Of the darkness

And my demons

And the voices

Saying nothing's going to be okay

 It was a dark night in New Orleans, as an injured Katherine sat in the driver's seat in the car, motionless, blood on either side of her head, both thighs bleeding heavily from some shards of glass with a cut wrist and some other wounds as well. The car had crashed into a tree with such force that the front of the car was crinkled and pretty much totaled, including the part that held the engine. Also, the windshield and driver's side windows were shattered. And as she sat there, out from blood loss and her injuries, fuel from the engine began to leak and start to form a fire.

Meanwhile, Klaus was heading for home, when he smelled fire, blood, and the familiar scent of a human Katerina. Surprised that she'd be in the same town as he was after their break up six months ago, he followed the scent trail, only to find an injured and in danger Katerina. So, not wanting her dead, he hybrid sped to stand at her door. He then forced it open and gently pulled her into his arms and hybrid sped quite a way away, just moments before the car fully ignited into flames.

He gently layed her down on the ground on her back and rested gentle hands on either side of her face, avoiding touching her head injury.

"Katerina, can you hear me, luv?" he called to her, hoping she would wake up.

After a few moments of nothing, he gave a low growl, irritated at himself for not looking out for her or checking on her for these past six months. He then pulled her gently into his arms and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to save her life, but most importantly, heal her wounds.

After she was healed, he took it away and it instantly healed.

I feel it in my heart

Soul

Mind that I'm losing

You

Me

You're abusing every reason I have to live

Don't bury me

Don't lay me down

Don't say it's over

'Cause that's what sent me under

Underneath the ground

Don't say those words

I wanna live with your worse combunder

Only you can send me under

Under

After his wrist had healed and he figured that she'd be okay, he gently pick her up in his arms and headed home.