Ch.7: I'll Remember

Katherine looked around to see where she was. It looked like Mystic Falls, but as she walked down the road, she didn't see anyone. Everything was deserted.

"Where the hell am I?" she questioned, though she didn't expect an answer. She was alone, after all. 

A few minutes later, she stopped to pick up a newspaper on what looked to be the Gilberts' lawn. 

"April 23, 1994," she read. "Great," she added sarcastically, knowing the date well, due to watching the Salvatores over the centuries. This was the day Damon killed his Uncle Zack's girlfriend or wife or whatever she had been to him. To top that off, by the toys outside the Gilbert residence, she figured that Elena and her friends had been little kids in 1994. 

She smiled, thinking how it must've felt like to raise them, and wished she had been able to raise Nadia. 

She set the newspaper back on the lawn and continued walking, exploring, and trying to find out where she was. 

When she saw the boarding house, she walked in and, not surprisingly, no one was there. 

She helped herself to a bottle of bourbon and sat down on the couch, sipping straight from the bottle. 

Days later, she found out that the same day kept repeating itself over and over like a broken record, which made her curious of why and how that could be. It was so weird to her. 

Suddenly, in a store, she was met face to face with someone named Kai. He said that he wanted out just as much as her and he knew how. He just needed her magic and they needed an eclipse. He proposed that they work together, but she decided against it. Instead, she tied him to a chair at the boarding house, grabbed what she needed, waited for an eclipse, and left without Kai. So, Kai was stuck there, while Katherine got to find Klaus in New Orleans. Hopefully, he wouldn't push her away.