Ch.45: Gather Up The Killers

It was a dismal night, as Katherine appeared after escaping a prison world. She'd ended up there after Stefan had killed her again to destroy hell and save everyone in Mystic Falls. Since hell was what had made her a vampire again, she was a human again.

Realizing she was in New Orleans, she began walking, heading for the compound. As she did, she kept a look out for any vampires. Descended from Travelers or not, she was still a human. She had to be careful. New Orleans seemed quiet though, which was strange. It made her wonder what had happened. That's when, before entering the compound, she heard a commotion. When she snuck in, she saw a crowd surrounding a circle Klaus was in, someone else in it with him. She realized he was one of Klaus' enemies, when Klaus bit him. She also noticed Marcel there, watching, and she saw that there were chains on Klaus' wrists. This gave her the conclusion that Klaus was Marcel's prisoner.

She walked around the back of the crowd until she saw an opening in it. Then she came to the front to stand between the circle and Marcel, looking at Marcel.

"Enough!" she blurted. "Let him go," she ordered Marcel.

"You know I can't do that, but it's nice to see you again," he replied.

"We made a deal, Marcel. Or have you forgotten what I made you promise me all those years ago? You are not to hurt or kill or try to kill any of the Mikaelsons. You break that deal, and you make an enemy out of me," she reminded him.

"You don't know what happened. You disappeared off the face of the earth. Besides, they bring death and destruction everywhere they go. They deserve what they get," he replied, not fazed by her anger.

"What have you done?" she asked him.

"I'm not who you once knew me as. I'm worse than Klaus now. Better. I took a serum. Now, if I bite someone, they die in two hours. Well, vampires anyway. I've imprisoned Klaus as punishment for his sins, and bit Kol and Elijah three years ago, but they must've found a way to still live, since no one in their bloodline has yet to die," he boasted to her.

"You crossed the line big time and now, guess what? You've made an enemy out of me. Not only did you put people I care for in danger, but also you almost killed most of the Mikaelsons. I'd love to see what Rebekah will do, but for now, you'll have to deal with me. You also have left Hope without a father. Take it from me. Time you've lost in raising your child can never be bought back. Now, I'm getting Klaus out of here and back to his family. I'd love to see you try to stop me, because you can't." She scanned the crowd of vampires. "In case you don't know who I am, I'm Katherine Pierce. I'm sure you've heard the stories. Now, if you want to live, I suggest you leave now. Otherwise, you'll find your hearts on the floor," she introduced and threatened.

She was satisfied, when they all fled.

She turned back to Marcel. "This is your minor punishment until later." She magically gave him a migraine, bringing him to his knees in pain, before she magically snapped his neck.

She turned around to see the guy getting to his feet now, sword in hand again. She magically undid the spell that had been cast on the circle.

"How about you?"

"I'm not afraid of you," he replied.

"Really? What's your name?"

"Alistair," he introduced.

"No wonder. I've heard of you. Never liked you. I'm going to give you the gift of not having to suffer anymore." She magically through him out of the circle, which made him lose the sword, and she magically made his heart be ripped out, killing him.