Ch.1: Say Something

It was a dark night in the Mystic Falls woods, as Katherine tried to stop a werewolf from biting her. She was on her back, the wolf on top of her, her hands on its chest to keep it from biting her, but it was strong, and she was losing. Then, it bit into her right shoulder and arm. 

She screamed in pain and through it off her. Then she vamp-sped home and closed the door behind herself. She knew Klaus was busy, but she needed him now more than ever. But when she called him, she got his voicemail. She left a message that told him where she was and what had happened. She then put her phone away and headed to bed, taking her shoes and jacket off to keep herself from burning up more than usual after getting bitten.

The next afternoon she was sweaty, weak, hallucinating, and in bed. She was pale and didn't have much time left. 

As soon as he got her message, he hybrid-sped towards Mystic Falls and to her place. Then he walked in and sped to where she lay and sighed. He was too late. It angered him that he hadn't been able to save her in time. He had loved her and once again, his love had died. First Tatia. Then Katerina. Katerina always said that humanity was a vampire's greatest weakness, but Klaus had always said that love was a vampire's greatest weakness. Everyone he loved; even family, had died. His brother Finn and Kol and his parents, though he could care less about his parents' deaths. It made him want to go back to who he used to be. He wouldn't though, for her; In memory of Katerina.