Ch.40: Saved By A Hybrid

It was a dark, rainy night in New Orleans, as Klaus headed home to the compound after a drink at the bar. After recent events, he was utterly alone, just as he had always been afraid would happen someday. Now it had. All he had now was his baby girl, Hope, and himself. He hadn't meant for this to happen, but it had anyway.

Suddenly, smelling blood; her blood, he followed the scents, only to find her on her back, injured.

He was instantly knelt at her side, knowing he couldn't leave her like this, or let her die.

He gently pulled her into his arms and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat to heal and save her.

A few minutes later, he took his wrist away, which instantly healed, and looked down at her, not knowing why she wasn't healing. Then, a moment later, still out cold, her body began to reject his blood.

Once she had finished, he got to his feet with her in his arms, and headed home in the cold rain, not knowing what to do for her yet.

Once home, he gently layed her down on his bed and went to get some things to take care of her wounds.

After her wounds had been tended to and such, he sat on her bedside, looking down at her.

"Katerina, sweetheart, it's me, luv. I need you to wake up for me," he called to her.

Twenty minutes later, when she came to, she saw that Klaus was seated on her bedside and she was in bed, wounds taken care of.

"What happened, luv?" he questioned.

"Hell," she answered.

"I'm sorry," he said, figuring hell probably wasn't the best place to be at. He couldn't possibly imagine what she had gone through.

"You care now?" she asked.

"Yes. Besides, we need to stick together. We're alone now."

She smiled, liking that plan.

It was such a moment, that they suddenly began to makeout.