Ch.9: I Can Be Your Hero

Would you dance

If I asked you to dance?

Would you run

And never look back?

*England-1492*

It was a beautiful day, as Katerina Petrova ran for her life through the woods, having found out what existed and what Klaus wanted her for. He had to kill her to become the hybrid he was destined to be. It was his birthright. She didn't know why he was going to do the ritual, but the truth was that his mother had put a spell on him to keep him from becoming what he was born with. He was born a werewolf, but when his mother turned her family into vampires, she made it possible that he would someday become the Original hybrid. 

At one point, she tripped over a twig and when she got to her feet, there stood Trevor who loved her dearly.

"Please," she begged. "I can't run anymore."

"No matter." He gave the moonstone to her and pointed in the direction to go, as he said, "Here. Take this. There's a cabin not far from here. There's a woman there. Rose. Show her this and tell her I sent you. I can't hold them off much longer. Go," he said. 

"Thank you," she said, before heading towards the direction of the cabin.

In the end, she turned into a vampire and fled. 

*Bulgaria-1492*

Would you cry

If you saw me crying?

Would you save my soul tonight?

It was a dark night, as Katerina arrived at her village on horseback, only to find her entire village slaughtered.

She ran inside the cabin she had lived with her parents, only to find her father on a wall in a room with a sword through him. In the same room, her mother lay on the bed. 

Seeing her ma'ma, she went to kneel by her on the bed, caring for only her, since they had always been close with one another. 

"No. Ma'ma," she sobbed. 

After a while of weeping over her mother, she fled so Klaus couldn't catch up with her. 

*Mystic Falls-2010*

It was a beautiful day, as Katherine, a vampire of 500 years, sat in a wooden chair in Alaric Saltzman's apartment, having been captured. And as soon as he said her human name the way Klaus always did, she knew Klaus was inside Alaric's body. Being alone in Alaric's apartment with Klaus sent fear through her. After all, she didn't know what he had in store for her. 

When he had left, the fear left her, knowing that until he returned, she was safe. 

*Mystic Falls-2011*

On Homecoming night, before there was an attempt on Klaus' life, Katherine walked around the party, pretending to be Elena, her doppelganger, as they had all planned. 

When Klaus approached her, thinking she was Elena, he sensed something. 

"You seem anxious," he commented to her.