(35) By My Side

Comincia dall'inizio

"What are you doing standing up? Take a seat." She urged, patting to the floor in front of her. In reply, Hoseok looked down, not saying a word.

Y/N frowned a bit, confused and worried from Hoseok's stoic expression.

But Hoseok always had a stoic expression, but... this was different, it had more story in his gaze, a story Y/N knew Hoseok was never going to tell.

She got her pink lunchbox from beside her, facing him and opening it, "I still remember when we first met here," Hoseok was slightly startled, wanting to speak as his shoulders made a sign of him wanting to do so. But he hunched them again, deciding to let her continue.

"You got my Hotteok on this very rooftop and loved it ever since. I even made you a lunchbox of it when I met you in you and Taehyung's hideout. Remember? Now, c'mon, have some! I made them just for you!"

Hoseok looked down to Y/N's outstretched hand towards him, seeing the opened lunchbox.

She actually made a lot. He thought.

Just for me.

Hoseok saw the little smiley face made with syrup on top of the Hotteok, and his heart clenched.

He imagined the innocent and precious look on her face as she made the Hotteok, smiling as she made the smiley face.

But not all moments are worth smiling for.

Hoseok averted his gaze from the food to Y/N's eyes. Her eyes that he could dream of as he slept. Eyes that he wanted to look at forever.

With as much will to remember what he came here to do, he smiled, lightly and softly at Y/N, then he shook his head.

Y/N looked confused as Hoseok squatted down in front of her, holding the lunchbox from her outstretched hand and pushing it lightly back to her.

"We didn't meet here for the first time, Y/N. It was actually in me and Taehyung's hideout, when you told me that what I had with the boys wasn't true friendship. But I was half-asleep then, this was where we had our first actual conversation. Yet it's not where we first met."

Y/N's mouth gaped at Hoseok's words, she looked down, but Hoseok continued.

"I want you to eat them instead." Hoseok declined, a sad smile playing on his lips.

"W-What?" She frowned, and Hoseok looked at her intently, wanting nothing better to do than to hold the tip of her lips and turn her frown into a smile.

Taehyung, is this how you feel?

Why am I only feeling it now?

When it's already too late.

Hoseok slowly let go of the lunchbox, but his heart was screaming that he shouldn't.

Hold on to her.

Hoseok stood up, giving Y/N one last glance as she was still frowning, eyes slightly glossy from the heavy mood Hoseok was in.

But I can't.

It wasn't even because of Jin and her, because he knew some of the others won't back down. It's not the end for them.