(8) Into Bad Boys

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 8::

INTO BAD BOYS

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

"'I thought whatever Jin says, follows. What happened to that true friendship of yours?' Was it?"

I was taken aback by the sudden intrusion of the voice. Causing me to squeeze the juice box I was holding, making the liquid squirt out from the straw. My eyes widened as I saw the juice spurt on the mystery man's hand.

"Jung Hoseok?"

He smirked a bit as he eyed me, then he directed his attention to his hand that had my spilled juice on it. His tongue then came out of his mouth and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Hoseok then proceeded to lick the juice from the back of his hand... like a cat.

I was baffled because of two things: firstly, this probably-17-year-old dude turned into a damn cat and licked himself in broad daylight; secondly, he remembered what I said from an interaction that was like two days ago.

"You know I'm curious, back then you were quite blunt on how much you seem to disagree at how we define friendship. Although, here you are now, eating lunch alone, in the building's rooftop. Isn't that a cliché-loner type of scene?" He said, a calm aura enveloping him. "Oh, and you're calling me blunt." I replied.

Hoseok chuckled, sitting in front of me as he took a piece of Hotteok from my lunchbox without even asking my permission. Cool. "That's not the point. Don't you have friends? If you were preaching about true friendship, then where's your true friendship? Surely there's a basis for that claim."

"I could say the same for you, Hotteok Hoseok, where's your friends?" I replied, taking a suspicious bite out of my Hotteok piece as he chewed on his. He tilted his head at the nickname I gave him. "Playing hide and seek where I'm it. Though soon after, I ditched the game because that gave me a chance to get away from them." He answered and I scoffed, "That definitely never happened."

He shrugged, "I didn't think you'll be satisfied with whatever I was going to say anyways. Not to mention you might not want anything to do with me since you obviously have something against friendship."

I breathed in, "You're twisting my words, when did I ever say that I had anything against friendship? And why does what I said even matter? I said that on a whim when I first met you." Hoseok laughed in reply. It was not like a laugh when you hear an unexpected joke, it was a breathy laugh. The laugh someone uses when they have something that makes them above you.

He rested his chin on the palm of his hand, which was conveniently resting on his knee, "You're probably the type to think friendship is fragile, especially friendship between our group. The friendship wherein something simple can be the downfall of a group because all of us think it's complicated. I'm not saying you're wrong. Although, if you think that our friendship is shallow and we have no common interests besides terrorizing this school, then I think I have to disagree."

I tried to wrap my head around what he said. Oddly, contradictory to what people say, Hoseok was weirdly... intelligent.

"For a guy who likes to sleep, you sure do talk a lot." I murmured, loud enough for him to hear. He nodded his head, reaching out his hand to get another Hotteok but I pulled my lunchbox away. My lunch wasn't free food. "I talk a lot when I'm interested in a person." He said, looking me directly in the eyes.