(12) Lost Boy

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 12::

LOST BOY

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

"Why the long face?"

Goosebumps laced my neck as I was surprised by the voice coming from beside me, "Sunbae! Don't scare me like that!"

Jin held an unreadable face, signature stance with his hands in his pockets as he continued to walk, "If you weren't so zoned out you would've realized I've been walking beside you for the past five minutes."

I didn't reply, hanging my head low as I took quick steps away from Jin, but he always managed to catch up.

"You haven't been saying hi to me when you get on the bus going to our part of town, you usually do." Jin said after some while and I sighed, "Am I obliged to always say hi to you every time, Jin?"

He shook his head, "You've been quiet when we walk to school together, as well."

"Something's on your mind, Y/N."

I stayed silent, not meeting eyes with the senior, "It's none of your concern." I murmured.

He then leaned down to my level, inappropriately close to me, I felt my breath hitch, "I'm worried," whispered Jin.

I met eyes with him for a second and instantly regretted it, since his gaze made me feel a bit weak. I mentally sighed, "It's Jungkook."

I expected a quick reply of comfort or an easy question from Jin, but I was met with silence. Hastily, I looked up at Jin who had his eyes fixed ahead, "J-Jin?"

"Jungkook's on your mind?"

The way he said it made me gulp, it still had the same monotone demeanor, but the impression the words gave it— meant something else.

He sighed, "Whatever Jungkook did was not his intention, Jungkook's a good kid... He's just a bit, lost."

I tilted my head at Jin, coaxing him to continue, "He's young and immature, I'm not preaching or anything, but he isn't fully aware of his actions. And for you to care so much about that says a lot about how Jungkook means a lot to you."

Jin turned to me with a serious expression, "Does that calm you?"

Another double-meaning.

I faced away from Jin swiftly, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Tell me, Y/N," Jin started, but I couldn't deny how raspy his voice sounded. I didn't look to him, I had my gaze down.

But then Jin took my chin between his fingers and made me look at him.

"If I were a lost boy, would you be the first to find me?"

I didn't reply. But the thumping of my heart at the implication of that statement couldn't stop, my face was hot, so so hot.

Jin's gaze burned through mine, and I didn't have a choice but to break from his grasp and walk away as quickly as possible from him.

Wild Pursuers // BTS Badboy!AU  ✓ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें