(22) Naughty Girl

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 22::

NAUGHTY GIRL

•ღ•

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Y/N sniffled before sneezing, soon followed by coughing fits. Kihyun only grew more worried, while Mrs. Yoo fidgeted with her hands as her daughter got up from the dining table.

"It was my fault, I left you at that mall. You wouldn't have come home soaking from the rain if I brought you home with my car." Kihyun's words swiveled around Y/N's head, her body growing more feverish.

Their mom felt Y/N burning up when she first awoken. She knew immediately that Y/N had a fever, but the teenager said it was nothing.

Kihyun helped Y/N walk to the door, but he already knew she wouldn't be able to attend school.

"I'm fine, oppa. I can walk by myself," Y/N smiled, Kihyun, unsure as he was, let go of his younger sister.

"Bye mom! Bye oppa! I'm off to—"

She didn't even make it a step out of the door before her vision blurred and her head felt light.

"Y/N!" Kihyun and Mrs. Yoo screamed in unison as they raced to Y/N's figure that lied unconscious on the wooden floor.

•ღ•

-FOUR DAYS LATER AT SCHOOL-

His fists pounded furiously in alternation at the kid below him. Bellowing in pain and grunting in excruciation, yet Yoongi had a blank expression; his mind wandered to something else.

Then, her face showed up.

Yoongi clenched his jaw and gave his finishing punch to his victim's face, making the boy finally black out.

His breaths were heavy but his ears were filled with static — screaming at him that made him immobile.

Why is she on his mind?

How can he get her out of his head?

What was Yoo Y/N doing to Min Yoongi?

Yoongi then stood up from the unconscious boy he was on top of, he clenched his fists and heaved out a deep sigh. Then, without a shred of guilt, Yoongi eyed his victim menacingly, scoffed, then turned to leave.

Yoongi passed by the second-year hallway, he didn't know why he did, or at least, he didn't want to make himself believe that's the reason.

"Hey," a low, affirmative voice greeted as he had his back against a locker. Yoongi moved beside him and rested the back of his head on another locker, "Hey," Yoongi greeted in return.

"You look like shit," Namjoon sighed disappointedly, Yoongi laughed dryly, "Well isn't my best friend such a sight for sore eyes."

The younger snapped his pocketbook shut, finally facing his best friend, "I'm serious, you don't look satisfied after beating that kid up, usually you do."