(33) Be Mine

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 33::

BE MINE

•ღ•

-YOUR POV-

The cold air enveloped our lingering forms on that snowy, winter day.

It was a day I would always remember and never forget.

Even though a small part of me said I should.

The day went by in a blur, the usual. The classes, the people, the unrestrained youth.

I walked on the icy path that led astray, even when it was supposed to lead me home.

Home. The warmth of home.

Jin was right behind me. As he usually was on our way home. His body warmth evaded the cold, keeping me ardent.

I looked up at the sky that was blocked by the gray clouds, I blew out a breath, the chilly air leaving my lungs in a puff of fog.

The snowflakes were falling down, aimlessly, lost, but still beautiful nonetheless.

The bus stop was close, even if it was barely seen. It was under the hail of built-up snow that suddenly made its way to our town overnight.

I nuzzled my face further into my scarf that rested comfortingly on my neck. My nose was red, I was sure. So I made sure that my hands were tucked warmly inside some mittens in my pockets.

A snowflake landed on a button of my trench coat, I looked at it with wonder.

I paused in my tracks, seeing despite the cool winter air, the beauty of the snow could still make me smile.

Jin soon appeared directly behind me, staring up into the sky as well along with me, admiring the hidden benevolence of winter.

We stood in silence for a bit, unmoving. In each other's presence, I felt warm.

"Y/N," Jin breathed out, not looking at me as he continued to gaze up. I hummed in reply, "What's more beautiful to you? The snow or the snowflakes?" He questioned.

I looked up at him with a curious gaze, then averting my attention to the millions of snow falling from the sky, and the thousands of snowflakes that were certainly rarer than the former.

"The snowflakes," I said without hesitation, I looked up at Jin, "How about you?"

Jin still didn't look at me as he replied, "The snow."

My eyebrows lightly creased at his reply, not expecting it, "You must be wondering why I would say the mundane snow was more beautiful than the mesmerizing snowflake."

He took the words right out of my mouth, I didn't say anything back. He then explained, "The snow falling from the sky, for everyone, is the usual. Plain, ordinary, fleeting from sight. The snowflake, however, is attractive, unique, beautiful."

He continued, breathing out hushed words, "And because the snowflake is beautiful, everyone favors it, paying no mind to the mundane snow. So, the snow becomes rare, because no one really spares it a glance, making it easily disappear from someone's eyes."