(4) Pretty Lips, Pretty Face

Wild Pursuers
::chapter 4::

PRETTY LIPS, PRETTY FACE

•ღ•

-JUNGKOOK'S POV-

I suddenly felt the urge to walk up to her and help her. But... I couldn't. I don't do that. That's not me.

She held a hard face, not showing any emotion. She wasn't affected by one bit, or at least, she didn't show it.

Once only a few books were left to collect, Yoongi kicked all of them to our direction. He was trying to lure her into our area.

She looked up to him with a blank stare that showed slight annoyance. Yoongi gave her an expression that was saying, what are you waiting for? Go, pick them up. I clenched my jaw.

"Take your backpack off and get your stupid stuff, bitch." Yoongi said. Y/N, who looked furious, stood up and took off her backpack, complying with Yoongi. It was unbelievable.

I heard Jimin snicker, "He isn't going easy on the vocabulary, is he?"

Yoongi took the backpack and gave it to Namjoon. Only now did I realize he was actually there. I guess I was too preoccupied.

Y/N walked up to us, I expected her to catch my eye or look at me, but she didn't stare at any of us. I wanted her to look at me. I wanted to talk to her or at least help her. But I knew I'd back out.

She kneeled in front of all four of us and started collecting her stuff again. We weren't leaning against the lockers anymore and instead we were looking at her silently. Namjoon and Yoongi then walked up behind her.

"She's in our year, isn't she?" I heard Hoseok ask between Taehyung and Jimin. "Yeah! She's that new girl in Joonie-hyung's class." Taehyung replied enthusiastically.

Jimin then circled around her, brushing through her hair as she remained unfazed, "What a beauty this doll is..." He then kneeled to her level beside her and looked at her, "...She even has such pretty lips."

I balled up my fists. Why can't I do anything? I like her. Shouldn't I at least stop this?

My head snapped to Namjoon opening her bag up, then handing it to Yoongi.

Yoongi searched through her bag and ruffled through her things. He brought and threw them out one by one. Y/N was now alert, looking back to Yoongi with an agitated gaze, "What the fuck are you doing?"

Yoongi stopped what he was doing, "Shut your filthy mouth before I cut off your tongue. Slut's cursing at me now, huh."

He gave the bag to Namjoon and he continued what Yoongi was doing. I saw a pencil case get thrown out. A lunchbox. Three notebooks. A sci-fi novel. Her wallet. Her phone. And numerous of other things.

She bit her lip and held her skirt tightly, her hands were visibly shaking with anger.

She made a move to stand and for a second I wished she'd slap Yoongi. But she wasn't able to because Yoongi pushed her back onto the floor.

Namjoon then pulled out a brown folder. It was most likely for a project. Yoongi faced an intrigued Namjoon.

"Well will you look at that. A project. It's not the one from your pairwork with Namjoon is it?" He asked.

Is that the reason for this torment? A pair project?

Namjoon shook his head, "It's not. She submitted that already. This is just another individual project of hers."