"I knew the CCG wouldn't let me work on the case," I pouted, "I didn't want to just sit still and do nothing,"

"We're doing this to protect you," Arthur sighed, "I don't know what I would do if they somehow get you. They already know who you are-"

"Exactly," I looked at him, "I don't want others involved,"

"But-"

"But nothing, mon cheri. Let me do my part. Please,"

He stared at me, worried, before he nodded, "Under the condition that you let me protect you,"

"Oh, like a bodyguard?"

"I mean, I guess," he stuttered, "Of course when I'm not working. I'll just stop by. Maybe check on you. Leave,"

"Or you can stay," I smirked.

"O-or I can stay, yes," he stuttered again, which made me chuckle.

"Thanks Arthur," I smiled and gently kissed him, "I feel safer already"

Seeing his flustered expression made me realize how much I appreciate and loved him. I wouldn't know what do if I lost him.

He coughed to compose himself, "Anyways, back to the files from Zwingli?"

"Oh, yes," I returned my attention to the computer and started to look through the files, "The earliest file is this"

I showed him the screen, where it displayed a picture of a child with black short hair in a cage, eyes glowing red and black in fear.

"Experiment #0001: Kiku Honda..." Arthur almost gasped, "You were right. Kiku is a ghoul..."

Before Arthur continued to read his file, he exited to scroll past the rest, "Bloody hell, there's hundreds..."

"Most of them are classified as failures. Which I'm guessing they're deceased"

"The most recent was Experiment #1918: Gilbert Beilschimdt and that was just a couple months ago. Maybe weeks before Zwingli's disappearance,"

"We can focus on that later. I haven't read Kiku's file yet, but I'm worried..."

Arthur started to read the file outloud, "Kiku Honda, age 10, Japanese, Natural Born ghoul captured by the CCG. Parents both killed by CCG. Experiment #0001 was put on the research department since it is a rare to find a young ghoul in good conditions. I've decided to take matters into my own hand as the board did not approve my idea of making ghoul into controller soldiers for the human race. #0001 will go under treatment in order to not just amplify his abilities, but to also kill and attack on command,"

He started to skim some parts where it described numerous torture given to the young boy. It reminded me of Raivis. He finally continued, "#0001's ability is shown to display a full grown ghoul's extent. I assume that as he grows older, he'll have twice as much power. The troublesome part is the controlling of such power. #0001 started to learn the commands by triggering him. His main trigger is the smell and sight of human blood, which because of his heightened abilities and instincts, it's irresistible. The issue now is that once he is triggered, he goes ballistic and acts like a total wild animal with no sense. He only aims to kill whatever is in front of him. He has no control of his actions nor remembers much right after he is back to stable state.  Other triggers include starvation and the simple notion of using his abilities for more than a couple minutes, which is why he tends to try to stay stable and limit his use of his ghoul powers,"

"Alfred said Kiku accidentally cut his hand and then ran away," I mentioned.

"He probably didn't want Alfred to face him if he was unstable," Arthur finished the article, "#0001 has escaped,"

The article is blank after that but then a note at the very end appears, "He was on the news. He had been living under a false name with Yao Wang as an adopted child. He was triggered and massacred all but one of Yao's family and then escaped. I cannot risk chasing after him now. He is considered a failure. I may attempt this experiment in the future,"

"So it's true. Kiku is Kuro..."

"And he's highly dangerous," Arthur closed the computer and got up.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to warn Alfred. He may think he's in love or whatever but the simple reality is that he's in danger,"

_______________________________

A/N:

Sorry, another filler short chapter but I finally updated!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I appreciate all comments and votes and I'll see ya next update :)