xxx: friends and prom

"Where were you ducklings?" Jackson encounters, a hand on his hip, still in his Squirtle pajamas and bed hair.

Jinyoung just waved with his hand and Jackson returned it with a smile, although he turned deadly when he stared into Jaebum.

"To my house." Jaebum answered, his voice a bit gruff.

Jackson is alerted; "What did they say...?"

"They wouldn't take me in if I gave up on music and my sexuality.." Jaebum started.

"What? You don't deserve that! Won't you retaliate? Fight back? Call the cops? At least do something--"

"I'm 20 idiot. I'm graduating with you this year. Gosh, stop acting like a mom when you can't even cook!" Jaebum joked.

"Hey! You don't do that with me! I'm surviving on Ramen this whole time okay? And don't change the topic! Why won't you do something about it?!" Jackson fears deeply.

"I.." Jaebum breathes "I think I'll do fine... I'll try to rent an apartment and... You know, I'm already trying to make music for companies and... I'll probably get some offers-"

"You're gonna rely on an apartment when I have a whole ass empty mansion? That's just.... A whole another level of hurt you know!" Jackson worries, the group heading to the hall.

Jaebum turns cold. "Y.. You're really gonna let me... Stay?"

"Of-fucking-course, you stupid Simpson! Unless Mark comes or you get a good job, you're welcome always! I get so lonely you can't even imagine." Jackson said, walking up the stairs.

"I... Thank you..." Was all that came out of Jaebum's mouth.

"Well you should." Jackson giggles. "But it's a thanks to you too, I won't feel lonely anymore."

"I promise I'll do the cooking and the laundry!" Jaebum shouts from the stairs.

"That's a bonus I'd love!" Jackson squeals back, going up to wake the heavy sleepers.

"I'll try to bring food too!" Jinyoung proposed, looking very ambitious and wanting to help as much as he could.

Jaebum smiles at his boyfriend's endearingly cute suggestion, and pecks his lips again.

Jinyoung looks down in embarrassment as he goes back to taking care of his luggage and clothes; he's anxious about school. He hopes Taecyeon had informed his aunt about the leave.

.

"Pepi!"

"Hi Aunt..." Jinyoung smiled. And his aunt swears she just felt her baby kick.

"Jinyoung.. you have such a pretty smile honey... You look so much more handsome!" His aunt smiles, and brings a hand to her tummy.

"Feel it, Jinyoung, it's already begun kicking! It wants to be a dancer probably, or maybe even try soccer?" She giggles at all possible occupations, and Jinyoung feels warm, like he used to enjoy before Nam meddled. Mentally and physically.

"You're tired, honey, I'll go cook up some food and you can go back to school tomorrow again okay?" His aunt comforts.

"Yeah." He gives a confident smile.

Jinyoung dreads it the next day. He'd rather go to a mysterious deathly bookstore than watch all his peers ogling at him.

He takes soft, shallow, slow steps, just so they'd get bored of watching, but not a single eye has been removed from his posture.

He cannot fathom what their deal would be, he'd rather the world swallow him whole.

But thank God, for Jaebum and Jackson, as he sees them waving and calling out to him. All anxiety ran away in front of the light.