xxxi: college crash and birthday bash

Jinyoung's at the doorstep of Jackson's mansion, and he nervously stands front; it's not the first time or anything, but sometimes, the anxiety hits him like a truck.

He knows he isn't a hundred percent okay, but he's definitely attempting on getting better, at ignoring the wicked voices in his mind.

He rung the bell, two massive boxes of hoeddeok and tteokbokki held in his hand. He's begun to wear oversized long sleeved sweaters once again, since the air seems to be getting more chilly day by day. He's wearing a black V-neck, enough to barely be above his collarbones.

Soon enough, the door is opened by a very eccentric Jackson, who gets even more excited (if that's possible) at the arrival of Jinyoung and food.

"Come in! You're just in time for Jaebum's all time famous hot drinks!" Jackson compliments, taking the bag of Korean cuisine from Jinyoung.

Jinyoung is hit with the bakery-like aroma, as he sees Jaebum in the kitchen.

Jaebum looks up from the counter and his eyes turn into two cute horizontal lines and his cheeks glow at the sight of Jinyoung.

"It's wonderful to have you back." Jaebum says, wiping his hand with a small piece of cloth and proceeding to kiss the bridge of Jinyoung's nose and then pour the hot chocolate into Jackson's unique set of mugs with several wordings, leaving Jinyoung feeling a hundred knots in his stomach.

Jinyoung goes on to help with the hot beverages, occasionally staring at Jaebum.

Here's your salted caramel Jackson...." Jaebum looks at Jinyoung, not knowing as to what Jinyoung likes but Jinyoung assuredly replies with 'I'll have whatever you're having' with a beamish face; he trusts Jaebum's cocoa.

Jaebum grins even more and pours his normal cocoa, with whipping cream and adds in a straw.

"Thank you.." Jinyoung says.

"Where are BamBam and Yugyeom?" He asks.

"Ah, Yugyeom's gone to BamBam's, but good news, he's got a job! As a backup dancer!" Jackson feels proud, it's like looking at his children grow up, and in a way, he's not wrong.

But it's time for his own Quest.

"So, how and when do we do this?" Jaebum queries.

"On the 3rd, they already have a goddamn test the next day, and it's practical." Jackson makes an indignant noise, gulps his hot cocoa and comments on how good it is, and Jaebum just thanks him.

Jinyoung sips Jaebum's handmade coffee and it tears right through the cold, and gives his insides a warm and cozy feeling. It was the most fetching coffee Jinyoung's ever had. Even though he doesn't fancy coffee much.

"Okay, It's already the 1st, so.... It won't be too much of a hassle right?" Jackson questions.

"No, I guess, knowing you, you'd be ready even if it is a hassle. So, what do we need?"

Like a very cliché movie plan, Jackson pulls out a roll of paper, revealing it to be Mark's college layout. Jaebum wonders how he even got the hang of that thing but dismisses the thought.

"Alright, so, here's the whole of the boys' dorm, these are the gates, and this one's one's Mark and Youngjae's." Jackson says, pointing at the middle end of the rectangular layout. "It's at the second floor."

"They're open from 4 am up to 9:30 pm, the coach comes and checks whether every room has both the dorm-mates or not, and that happens at 10... So... 10:30 is the ideal timing." Jackson devised.