xxvii: accepting hard facts and an escapade

Jaebum's still broken hearted about how he can't visit Jinyoung and about him getting ragged.

It's the end of the week, and Jinyoung was supposed to be out of the hospital tomorrow, but his worry and excitement mix together to form some other happy-sad emotion.

But he's completely caught off guard by his parents. They carry a look of dismay on their faces. Jaebum would rather die than see his father's raged face.

"Sit down, Jaebum." His mom calls, the voice not so alluring.

Jaebum takes deliberate, unhurried steps but dreads it once he sat down.

His father took out the phone, and played the recorded video.

"-And you little fuckers, have nothing else to do? You should just slap yourselves to reality if you feel being gay is such a heinous crime!"

Jaebum wished that the tiny sharp nails he bit out of nervousness would shoot his heart and kill him.

"-You all steal, cheat, lie, betray and yet, a rule that prohibits being gay is so easily taken into consideration? You all should be rewarded- with your own shit that you apply all over yourselves."

It fast forwarded to the end.

"If you hit Jinyoung one more time, I won't hesitate to shorten your life."

And it stopped.

"What is this Jaebum?" His father questions, not seeming to be happy with what his son had circulated.

Jaebum took a huge gulp. He'd rather suffer from pneumonia than face his father.

"I stopped a boy from bullying people." Jaebum answers. "That's all."

"That's all?" His father raised his voice. "What about being gay?" His father asks.

Jaebum doesn't enjoy his dad's tone.
"What about it?" He answered back.

His dad was even more agitated. He got up from his seat and loomed over Jaebum's seat, placing a hand on his right shoulder.

"I don't want any back answers, so you better tell what I ask you." His father boomed.

"It's true isn't it? Your best friend may be a rich religious businessman, whose daughter you want me to get married to, but it's true, you do lie about me being a hotshot and all, you haven't paid off your debts, you slept with other women before marria-"

It's not a whip but his father's hand stung like a bastard too.

"Now listen here boy, I'm not gonna tolerate that filthy tongue of yours any longer, who's counseled you about how being gay is correct?" His father yells.

Jaebum doesn't look like he's gonna answer any soon, he held his jaw rigidly.

"If you don't obey me, I'm going to find out who this Jinyoung bastard is and make his life a living hell." He warned in Jaebum's eardrum.

"You won't dare touch a hair on Jinyoung!" Jaebum clamoured, his face red both because of the slap and the bubbling anger.

"How dare you-" His father's stopped by a tentative hand from his wife, who wasn't too happy looking about all this. She slowly puts down her husband's hand and looks at Jaebum.

"What's important is that you be disciplined." She says devoid of any pity.

Jaebum is on the verge of crying. Why do his parents always have to feel let down? Disappointed? He can't do business right, no matter how much he tried, he just spited it.