xxii: we're here, and you're not alone

Dedicated to beautifulskyis02

And jinyummy

And EstefanyVargas661

Thank you for being more the reasons of why I stay awake and write. And the same goes to all other readers! Enjoy.

_______________________________________

Jaebum couldn't hold it in him anymore; he excused himself to the bathroom and once he's stepped foot in the stall, he quickly takes out his phone and sends texts to Jinyoung.

12:34 pm

JB

hey Pepi!

why didn't you come to school today?

you know, the english teacher praised you a lot today!

she said that your writing skill was amazing!

and that nobody else had done as well as you!

heck you scored higher than me!

Do you know how much you got?

You got....

A 97.25!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU JINYOUNGIE!!!

i just wish you were here to listen to all the praises you deserve.

i hope you are fine. is your fever bothering you again? did it get high? if so, take very good care of yourself. I love you my Pepi.

sleep well Nyoungie.

Sent.

He feels a bit relieved after he finishes his string of messages. But his heart still beats irregularly, as if warning him to be ready for something terrible. He just hopes it's nothing but seasonal anxiety.

He reaches his class and falls on his chair with a thud. All the other students look very downtrodden as they pitifully stare at their papers, as if expecting the teacher to give extra marks for broken hearts.

But this teacher doesn't give a damn. And she's in the right not to. Even the English teacher wished her star student were present that day.

She goes back to cringing and correcting other stacks of papers of horrible grammar and spelling.

Bell finally rings, and Jaebum and Jackson are lucky to leave early today as Jaebum couldn't wait to meet Jinyoung again. Especially when he had such great excuses to come meet him.

He checks his messages that were sent to Jinyoung and notices that he hasn't read them yet; they have been sent, but it wasn't read. His chest feels distorted, out of place.

"Jackson? Can we head to Jinyoung's house today?" Jaebum asks.

"I was thinking of the same thing! Should we ask Mark and the others if they want to visit?" Jackson suggests.