xix: marks and miserableness

"Where were you and your sister, Jaebum?" His father demanded.

He asks Yoon to go to her room, and she complies.

"It's 5:40, you should've been back by 4. I told you not to go back to dancing didn't I?!" His father rages.

"Dad... I didn't go to dance, there were just some... complications as to why Yoon couldn't come early."

"Elucidate 'complications'"

"I had asked one of my friends to pick up Yoon since I had extra classes... She got bullied and my friend ended up getting hurt while saving Yoon." He breathes.

He wished he could say my boyfriend instead of 'friend' but he keeps his mouth shut.

"Weak girl... I told your mother clearly that I didn't want a girl child. Who's she to listen?! At least you didn't risk your classes." He says.

"Go back to your bedroom Jaebum what are you staring at?" He angers up.

Jaebum's mouth goes slack at what his father had to say, was he really that narrow minded?

He leaves while his father is still merciful and goes to play UNO with Yoon. He still has Jinyoung's almost dry hoodie in his bagpack and puts it up for drying at the same time.

His physical form might be playing with Yoon, but his head was constantly switching in images of Jinyoung in the large sweater and denim jacket.

.

"Park Jinyoung."

Jinyoung nervously gets up to collect his math paper, it was an unexpected doomsday for all the students. Why was it so early?

Maybe because they were easy to correct since most were left blank.

"I didn't expect much from you." She says, while handing him his paper.
"You're not a bright student."

Jinyoung's heart uncontrollably clenches. It's not pumping blood, it's oozing and bleeding blood.

62.25/100.

That's not remarkable, if anything else, it was lower than last time.

Meanwhile, Jaebum had got a 91.5 but this guy didn't give squat about Math or algebra.

All that was reverberating in his head was a tune; a song that he wanted to create for Jinyoung, it was a fresh love kind of feeling. He'd have to get a new mic and equipment.

He was pulled out of his reverie when he sees Jinyoung's sad figure walk past him and slump on his seat ungracefully.

He takes notice of Jinyoung's marks but doesn't speak anything of it; that's pretty above average though, taking into account Jackson's and BamBam's marks, who scored a 52 and 56 respectively.

"Pepi! So that's what your aunt calls you?" Jaebum asks, showing off his dentures.

Jinyoung lifts up his head and Jaebum immediately wishes he was there to lull Jinyoung to sleep; his eyes get darker and darker. But a tint of pink adds a bit of life to the zombie-like Nyoungie.

"Y-Yes..." Jinyoung looks down once again.

"Sounds cute, maybe I'll call you that. Pepi!" He adds.

Jinyoung hides his face with the sleeves of his sweater, and Jaebum discreetly holds Jinyoung's hand that's touching the wall, being perfectly in stealth mode by Jinyoung's sweater.

"I hope you get sweet dreams tonight. I hope you sleep well. I hope you don't be too harsh on yourself." He whispers just for Jinyoung to hear.

"And I'm thankful that you're alive and my boyfriend." He kisses Jinyoung's heated cheek.

"Thanks for the pencil." He pretends, so that the other students don't think much of it, and they don't. Well, they do since Jaebum literally asked for a pencil from Jinyoung. But does that matter? No it doesn't.

.

"Jinyoung!" Jaebum calls. They're in the parking lot where Jaebum's bike is parked. Jackson on the other hand, borrowed Jaebum's car saying that there's no way he'd wear the Hello Kitty helmet.

"Do you want to go to the café with us?" Jackson questions.

"N-No... I need to go home today... I'm sorry." Jinyoung bows.

"Hey! No bowing. Bowing? Bow and arrow! David Bowie? Wait, no. Don't bow!!" Jackson says. Jaebum laughs at the bickering of Jackson and tells Jinyoung it's fine.

"Ah... Here's your sweater..." Jinyoung says, handing Jackson his now lavender scented sweater.

Jackson was surprised as his eyes saw the blue sweater.

"AHHH! YOU WASHED MY SWEATER FOR ME?! THANK YOUU JINYOUNGIE!" Jackson yells around, jumping like a mad child who ate too much candy, hugging Jinyoung. It lifts up Jinyoung's mood, but he's still afraid of the math marks.

Jaebum is secretly wishing that Jinyoung forgot about his own hoodie, but with the interaction of eyes, they kind of come to an agreement of the exchanging of clothes.

Jaebum's jacket for Jinyoung's hood.

"Ah! Also, your aunt's kimchi and gimbap are. the. best." Jackson says, while kissing his fingers in an Italian manner.

"Just Perfecto! All the boys enjoyed it yesterday!" Jackson says, taking out the container that's now filled with sweet desserts while Jaebum takes out the other container filled with cake and chocolate.

"Since we don't know how to cook, the boys and I just decided on sweets. Well, Jaebum can cook but the others and I can't so-"

"But it's for you. And your aunt. As a thank you gift." Jaebum says handing the container.

Jackson follows and hands him his part of the container with a squirtle smile.

Jinyoung momentarily forgot about his math paper, his hands somewhat trembled out of joy because of the sweets, but he remembers he can't have all of them; he'll give some to a stray cat and the rest for his aunt.

"Thank you.. so much." Jinyoung says, tears of joy hooding his eyes.

"Do you need a ride?" Jackson asks.

"N-No... I have to run some errands and buy groceries for my aunt... Thank you."

"Well, you're always welcome to ride this luxurious baby!" Jackson says while Jaebum hits him.

"We'll... Get going then. Take care Jinyoung." Jaebum heads down to kiss Jinyoung so that he didn't have to tip toe.

"See you tomorrow! Wang Gae Park Gae!" Jackson waves.

Jinyoung waves back, showing his crinkly eyes.

Maybe there could be no tomorrow.