xxv: a companion and a composition

Jinyoung's aunt left him in the care of the hospital, and when Jinyoung cared to look at the hospital, he realizes his aunt just sugarcoated her words; it was basically a psych ward.

He was led by the female nurse
through the bland corridors only to be met by an even more bland room. If it wasn't for his roommate who was in a black sweater.

"Still wearing that same sweater?" The nurse questioned.

"Yeah... By the way I was hoping...." The boy stopped mid-sentence to look at the boy the nurse had brought with her. He had curly raven hair, almost ten same as Jaebum, hadn't it looked like a coconut.

The boy shows a bland expression and looks down, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Everything's so dreary.

"I can't refuse can I?" The boy says.

"No, I apologize. You'll probably make a new friend though! Jinyoung, this is Yugyeom. Kim Yugyeom. Yugyeom, Park Jinyoung." She nicely introduces.

The boy referred to as Yugyeom goes back to lying on the bed with his small shorts not even bothering to reach the knees, looking smaller compared to the oversized sweater that encapsulated him, in an S size position.

Jinyoung noticed the cluster of white lines that covered his slender white legs. So many were horizontal, with others vertical and the criss cross ones looking even more angrier. But none of them looked too recent. It was almost hard to make out due to his milky skin.

The nurse bows and leaves them alone.

Once she's gone, Jinyoung started unpacking, but he had really wanted to know why the other boy was hospitalized in the ward. The words were stolen from his head from his roommate.

"So.... Can you... Tell me the reason you're in the hospital?" Yugyeom shyly questions, getting up letting his legs dangle on the edge of the bed whereas the sweater exposes a shoulder. He's stopped caring about his exposure, his body.

Jinyoung noticed the boy has a small mole beneath his eye, and it pops out even after the insomnia that blanketed his face.

"Suicide... Suicide Attempt." Jinyoung speaks out briefly, trying to explain in the two words which to Yugyeom, were actually pretty coherent.

"Same here... No one chose to believe me and so... I couldn't find it tolerable anymore." He uses Jinyoung's pattern, slowly but surely.

Jinyoung gives a nod of understanding and continues to unpack his luggage. His aunt had given him half a dozen of books, two of which caught Yugyeom's sleepy eyes.

"Can I see that?" He says, pointing to a spindrift blue book. Jinyoung seemingly getting comfortable with the awkwardness, handed him the book.

"Thanks..."

The Night When I Wonder How You Are Doing.

Yugyeom leafed through the pages with his thin ghastly fingers, then flipping them all at once together. He intakes the smell of the fresh new book offered to him and asks Jinyoung whether he could read it.

Jinyoung lets him take it, it's the first time since he's come that he's seen some emotion come to life in the boy's face. It's benign, but better than bland.

Yugyeom puts his utmost attention onto reading the book, but Jinyoung had to ask him when food would be served.

"Uhm... A little after 12:30. Did you have breakfast?" He asks in a small voice.

Jinyoung nods at that and they go back to the dreary, mundane atmosphere until the nurse calls for everyone to the cafeteria.

Jinyoung and Yugyeom head to the cafeteria, and to nobody's surprise,even the food tastes mundane. The patients exhibit the slightest of emotions, but they seem to mingle together with each other like pieces of puzzle.