vi: getting to know each other

"Tell me more about you, Park Jinyoung."

And Jaebum leaves him speechless again. What's there about Jinyoung?

Nothing. Nothing interesting at all.

Just depressing crap and scars. There is nothing about Jinyoung, just an empty excuse of a being.

"A-Aren't we here for the homework?"

Jaebum just looked at the ceiling with a feeling of annoyed sadness.

"That can be dealt with later."

"B-But I h-have to go home.."

"You have to, you don't need to, right?" Jaebum questioned, just about the brink of annoyance.

"W-What?" Jinyoung asks again, not wanting to come off rude. Most important, not wanting to entangle himself with Jaebum.

Jaebum just lets out a huff of stress. And frustration. Towards his parents.

"See, I have to come home, I need to. But I never want to." Jaebum begins.

"Why.. is that?" Jinyoung asks.

"My mom... And my dad... They're just very, very...."

"Very?"

"Very religious..." Jaebum states.

"Religious?"

"Not only religious... But... They don't seem to care about human emotions.... They work like mindless souls. I just end up wondering whether they have a soul or not.."

"I-I don't.. get you.."

Jaebum just heaved and let out a soft smile.

"You don't have to." Jaebum replies.

And blood circulated speedily inside Jinyoung. Jaebum's deep-like rashy voice was just so...

So much to make Jinyoung blush.

"Speaking of, you haven't met my sister yet."

Jaebum went on to usher themselves I to Yoon's room. It was bland as ever. Nothing sparkly, nothing colorful, nothing that gave of the vibe that it was a child's room. Just a study with a small bed, and a closet. A lot like Jinyoung's.

There was Yoon, with a panda bear teddy in her arms, pretending to read a book to her panda.

It was a cute sight to Jinyoung.

"Yoonieee!" Jaebum squealed.

Yoon abruptly looked up for a second, then continued to silently read, her cheeks tinted pink seeing that someone else other than her brother had caught her reading to her panda.

"Yoonie, this is Jinyoung oppa." Jaebum introduced.

Yoon immediately got off and bowed to them, saying a little 'hello' to Jinyoung.

"Have any homework today, Yoonie?"

"It is finished." She said emphasizing each word.

"Good girl!" Jaebum said, clapping, even Jinyoung let out a miniscule smile.

"Do you want some food?" Jaebum asked coming down to Yoon's height.

"I will eat afterwards.." Yoon said in an inaudible voice but loud enough for Jaebum to hear.

"Okay then... Keep reading okay?" Jaebum said while kissing his sister's forehead, the blush even more prominent on her chubby cute cheeks.

.

"It's always like this." Jaebum said, once they got out of her room.

"Ever since birth, my parents don't even celebrate her birthday parties, don't even give her the love and cherishing that a child needs, you know.."

Jaebum just looks out the distance, and then faces Jinyoung.

"She... I don't even know if she has friends or not, whether she's doing well in school, she just stays shut..." Jaebum says in a disheartened manner.

"Just... J-Just be there for her.." Jinyoung says after a few minutes.

Jaebum looks at him and Jinyoung continues.

"S-She's love deprived... So give her all your love... Tell her by looking her at the eyes.. that you love her..." Jinyoung says again. It's the most Jinyoung has spoken since their encounter. And Jaebum was listening.

"When... When you kissed her, you never told her you love her, or.. that you are there... She has to know right?" Jinyoung inhaled a huge volume of oxygen, not being in the condition to say anymore.

Jaebum just thought intently about those words, and how they were right by every bit. He has never concentrated on comforting Yoon's cries, whenever his parents rebuke her. He was bent up on arguing with his parents about how it was not her fault.

He should've known, that they'd never understand, and instead should be consoling his sister.

The last time they went out was a faded memory now, he didn't even take her out for anything, let alone a chocolate.

All the while Jaebum was standing, he'd understood a lot. He'd rectify his mistakes from now.

"Thanks Jinyoung." Jaebum said with sincerity and a smile.

"For what..?"

"For listening."

.

That same day, Jaebum went to sleep with a contented smile. And Jinyoung was awake the whole night with Jaebum invading his thoughts.

Both the youngsters forgetting to do the English homework.