The Chase

"I can't run much longer," said Jack, as he gasped for air.

"Ah, Jack, you aught to be able to run. You're built for running," smirked Isaac.

"How far is he behind us?"

"I don't he caught up with us, but we still need to keep going. There's only a few more miles before we make it to the house. We can't tell them exactly what is going on with us, because they might send us back."

"How do you know that, Isaac? We don't really have a choice. We have to do whatever we can to get out of here."

"No, we you're going to listen to my plan, because you aren't in the right state of mind to make any decisions."

Jack rolled his eyes and kicked a rock across the ground. He wondered how he went from sleeping in a bed, to walking around in a forest with no shoes and shabby clothing. He rather deal with his abusive father, than to be thrown out in the wilderness. Even though his father treated him ill, he knew that his father had to have some sort of care about them. Jack just couldn't see himself as a homeless orphan.

Isaac looked over and noticed Jack staring out of space. His eyes were fixed on the tree ahead of them. Isaac looked at the tree and didn't say anything, but he could tell that Jack was hurting on the inside. He hated that Jack had to end up in such a place at his age. Isaac pondered for words to say to heal his pain, but he couldn't really think of anything to say to make his pain disappear.

"Hey, Jack I know you didn't want this, but we're in this together and we will escape alive," said Isaac calmly.

Jack teary eyes looked at Isaac and lowered his gaze back to the ground. He knew that Isaac was only trying to bring him comfort. There was no way of knowing whether either of them were going to make it out alive. Jack knew that on feet the people could catch them within a blink of an eye. He didn't really care about what he have to go through to escape, but was determined to do anything to be free. He was tired of being violated by people who he didn't even know.

Isaac noticed Jack in deep thought and placed his hand on his hand for comfort. Jack tried to pull his hand away, but Isaac held on tighter. His confused eyes stared at Isaac's face pleadingly. Isaac smirked at the thought of Jack being afraid of him. Isaac found it cute, but he didn't want Jack to fear him. He figured as long as they've been around each other, that Jack shouldn't be afraid.

Isaac pulled Jack closer to him and said, "Jack, you don't have to be scared."

"I don't want this," growled Jack as he pulled away from Isaac.

"I didn't say you did, but you should at least appreciate the fact that I've been by your side and trying to comfort you since I first saw you."

Jack grew silent, because he knew that Isaac was right. He knew that it was Isaac who saved him from every situation he was in. He knew that when they escape he owes Isaac his life. He couldn't have asked for a better friend than Isaac. He hated that he had to be rude to him, but Jack wasn't into making out with anybody else at the time.

"I do appreciate what you do for me. I just don't want to do it in that manner," whispered Jack.

"What did you just say to me," growled Isaac angrily.

Jack stared at Isaac because he didn't know whether to run or what.

"I see that you really don't appreciate me now. I was the only one who was there for you, when they fucked you in your ass until you couldn't sit down. I was there when you were sobbing at night. I was there to listen when no one else would listen," sobbed Isaac.