Issues

The pre-drinks we had were definitely a bad idea, and not on my part. I wasn't a heavy drinker and never had been but my friends, on the other hand, they weren't drunk but very close on the tipsy side. I just thought it would be kinda inappropriate being that some family members were gonna be at this party. I mean truth be told, the time was 9:50 pm so I highly doubted that any of them would still be here. But it was the level of respect that counted to me.

But all in all, we rocked to the house and was let in by a girl I didn't know but assumed was Tasha's friend ( the girl throwing the party/gathering). We thanked her and she stepped aside to let us by while also giving directions to where all the people were. So we continued to walk down the hall and headed towards the glass door at the end of the hall which led to a study room which also mimicked a conservatory house extension. But the first red flag that I should have noticed was that's the music being played was way too mellow to be a party and that all I heard was loud talking and laughing. It seemed like there were many people there from what I hear walking down this long hallway.

We were a few paces away from the door and I turned to my friends behind me who stumbled to a halt when they saw me.

" what Kia ?" Alana said smiling at me

I shook my head " don't you think it's a bit weird how there is hardly any music? Seems kinda dead for a party!" I stood there staring at them for a response, something about this made me so uneasy.

" maybe it has livened up yet, it is kinda considerably early still" she checked her wrist as if she had a watch and we all wiggled at her stupidity.

Sara next to her pushed passed me playfully saying " Don't worry guys I'll go in first, after all, we can't stand-" she stopped in her tracks as she looked through the glass and went to grip the handle of the door.  She slowly turned towards me with a worried expression.

" what?" I questioned. I knew something was wrong.

" he's here" she whispered. Both me and Alana both leaned in to look through the glass wondering who she was talking about. My eyes glanced everywhere but right in front of me and once they landed directly eye level, I huffed in frustration.

" what the fuck is he doing here?" Alana stared at him intently.

" I have no idea" my blood had begun to boil profusely. I didn't know what to do, my brain was floating. I wasn't ready to see him yet, I knew that the next time I saw him I wanted to have all my anger built up inside me that he would feel exactly how I was feeling. "Well we can't stand here forever," I said out of the blue.

They both turned to me in shock probably wondering where I got this sudden confidence from and honestly I wasn't sure where I got it from either. I opened the glass door and stepped in, gaining everyone's attention. I waved at everyone earning a few back and some verbal greetings but nothing beat the stare I received from Tyrus. I glanced his way and cut my eye after him to show that I wasn't playing, proceeding to the conservatory which led out into the garden.

" ooh"  one of the guys sitting beside him made a noise. As I walked I heard someone from the previous area and I just prayed it wasn't him- I didn't want any drama. When I got to a mini couch at the end just by the fold-out doors, I sat down next to a drunken Sara who was sipping happily on an orange juice, I assume.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

" what you gonna do girl?" she slurred loudly while leaning into my body as if she was about to vomit. We'd been here about 2 hours now and all the family members had left so music was playing louder and more aggressively out of the speaker beside us.

I tipped her back onto her side just as a precaution and sorted to answer her question even though she wouldn't listen.

"I not doing anything, I think my best bet is just to let him sit in the guilt. I don't wanna be the centre of attention in here today." and just as I finished my sentence I noticed a tall frame walking towards us but I didn't look up in fear that I would lock eyes with the person I didn't want to talk to. when the legs got to our area, they stopped just in front of us. I kept my eyes down and took out my phone to distract myself from the presence.