Bestfriends Or Not?

Tyrus and I have been the best of friends since diaper days. We went to all the same schools and hardly spend any time away from each other. But since a year ago, I have been feeling different about him, nothing crazy, just more attracted to him in a... sexual way. I don't even know if it's serious or if I'm just getting to that age where I'm starting to feel some type of way about guys but it seems a bit odd that it's him that I feel for- my best friend. I don't think he suspects anything because he still goes out with girls. I'm currently at the stage where he just talks to me about them and I just nod and smile to keep him happy but inside I'm burning with rage and that's how I know that I have obviously fallen for him.

However today I have to push all of those thoughts to the back of my head as we are going shopping at the mall and as per usual I don't want anything to be awkward between us. We were currently at the food court as he said that he was hungry after all the shopping.

" Hey I'm about to get a quick snack, I don't know popcorn or something, you want anything" he looked down at me with all my bags hitting the floor. I stared up at him shaking my head no and proceeding to look the line for all the food counters.

" Nah I'm good Ty" I continued to focus everywhere but his face until I noticed how he hadn't moved to any counters yet.

" But you haven't eaten all day? " he commented trying to focus back on me by placing his hand around my shoulder softly.

" yeah I'm fine, but go before the lines get even longer. I'll go and find us somewhere to sit" I took his bags as well as mine, struggling to carry them and waddled away hoping to find a 4 seater for me to set our bags. I didn't see but I take it he nodded and moved into a line to get his food while I searched. Once I had sat down, I pulled out my phone and went on Instagram scrolling through posts for a while until I felt someone pull my hair hard from behind. I turned ready to start an argument with whoever it was but when I did, I noticed a familiar smirking face looking down at me.

" Tristan, you bastard, why would you do that?!" I screamed at him, punching his torso repeatedly.  " I was about to fight you" I let him hug me from the side while he giggled at my reaction. he circled me to the other side of the table and sat on the chair I left for Tyrus.

" I saw. But you ain't tell me you were here today?" he smiled taking out one of my Airpods and placing it on the table in front of us. I took out the other seeing as he wanted my attention.

" I mean, I didn't think I needed to. what are you doing here anyway?" I asked putting them in their case. I put them in my pouch and turned to him fully waiting for his reply.

" I just came to pick up a few things for my family party tomorrow. You still coming right?"  he looked at me intensely.  I nodded in response and went go back on my phone seeing how someone had sent me a message.

TY:'Im at the counter now- you sure you don't want anything'

As I typed back no, I felt Tristan look down at my phone and back up at me, being nosey. " Oh it's just Tyrus asking me if I want anything to eat from up there" I pointed behind me nonchalantly, finishing off my text back.

" Oh so that's why you're sitting here alone" he commented, popping the chewing gum he had in his mouth.  I nodded.

"yh he just wanted to go do something. And we both just got paid so, shopping spree it was" I fist-pumped the air giggling back at his reaction.

"mmm, I bet you're having fun. Have you even told him yet?" I take it he was referring to telling Tyrus that I like him as he was the only person that I told. It wasn't even intentional but somehow I just blurted it out to him and since then we have spoken about it a lot. But, before I could even answer Tristan, kicked me under the table and nodded to something above my head. I turned seeing Tyrus come over with cheesy fries and sit next to Tristan after dapping him up. I smiled at them both trying to act like everything was normal.