37) To Cacth A Witch

I hit 1.4k!!!!!

Thank you all so much for reading and supporting my story, it truly means the world to me. ❤️

Don't forget to vote and share 🌟

Scarlett and I sneak into a back booth at the local diner

Scarlett and I sneak into a back booth at the local diner. Far enough away to remain hidden in plain sight but close enough to watch the action unfold. Brooklyn enters the diner, sashaying across the checkered floors, a wide smile lighting the way to her target. There Kolby stands eyeing us, trying to appear as casual as ever, "Can you guys hear me?" Kolby says into his mic. We send him a thumbs up that he catches as the she-wolf slithers her arms around his neck like a hungry python. As they get comfortable in the booth I can't help but cringe at the way Brooklyn scoots so close to him that she's basically on top of him. Scarlett and I both begging to listen intently and record the conversation both on the mic in Kolby's shirt and on Scarlett's phone.

"I must say I'm surprised you called me." Brooklyn's voice comes in through the microphone. I can't help but roll my eyes at her words. You should be shocked my boyfriend called you. Even if no one really knows we're together.

"Well, I've just been busy," Kolby says trying to make conversation with her. It's a little difficult to get a good flow of communication between the two of them because Brooklyn just stares at him, drooling, and barking 'yes' to basically everything that falls out of the boy's mouth.

"Well I'm glad we finally have some time together I've missed you," she says stroking his arm causing Scarlett and me to gag a bit.

"Yeah, me too. Anyways can you believe that about Mina, crazy right?" he begins to bait her.

"Oh no. Not really." she shrugs.

"You aren't surprised?"

"Well no, she's a drug addict. Daddy and I, along with the rest of this town, are happy someone with her urges is being kicked out of school," she says casually. I've gotta give it to her if I didn't know she's out to get me she could probably fool me.

"I don't, it just seems odd to me." Kolby points out.

I can see her rolling her eyes from where I'm sitting, "Why are you defending her in our date?"

"I'm not, I uhh" Kolby begins to look around for any idea to pull the truth out of her without blowing our cover, "I just think you're right. We don't need some crack whore at our school."

Scarlett lets out a snort from across the table, "Really? A crack whore was the best he could come up with." she says but I put my fingers up to my lips urging her to be quiet so we could hear. The way her face lights up from Kolby's insult seems to lead us in a different direction.

I whisper into the microphone, "Tell her you heard it was a setup and that you want to personally thank whoever is looking out for your school." he rubs the back of his beck, signaling his understanding of the plan.