4)Maybe Not Yet

"Tell me those rumors of Kolby asking you out are true!" Scarlett huffed to catch her breath from her dash across the courtyard.

"Shhhh, don't draw any more attention to me." I groan. That note was taken way too out of context.

"So it is true!?!" she's grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"Its-"

I'm cut off by a terrible whine, "I don't know who you think you are but you need to stay away from Kolby!" I stand in complete disbelief before the mighty beast, unable to speak. I did turn to walk away when a cool trickle runs down my body, starting on my head and down my shirt.

The she-wolf dumps her green juice on me and I see the sea of students roll in, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

She lessens the gap between us, shooting daggers from her squinted eyes, "Look bitch, Kolby is mine and if you dare go on a date with him I will end you."

I take threats about as serious as a circus clown but I can't lie and say Brooklyn's physio side chick act is starting to bother me, and maybe I'm being blinded by the red in my eyes or letting the burning sensation I feel in my core steer my judgment a bit too much, but it's not like I've never done that before, how else would I have found myself in a high school, to begin with. I let anger coax me into doing things that surprise even myself at times. Before I can comprehend what is happening my hand is down Brooklyn's shirt grabbing a fist of the soft cushiony teepee to expose to the world as Kolby pulled me away from her. It's so quiet a pin could be heard hitting the ground, it was so still it was like the sea had turned to stone, it felt like this went on for some time but we were all snapped out of the trans as the toilet paper dropped out of my hand and tumbled across the courtyard. Brooklyn's whaling could be heard for miles and the laughter that followed couldn't even drown it out. She took off and Kolby turned to make me face him. The familiar tingle his gaze sent up my spine is back like it was the first time our eyes met, but this time his face did something I've never seen before. Kolby had a happy grin and his voice boomed with laughter, it's a little rude to laugh, but the situation was most certainly funny, "That was great, but uhh...you got a little something right there." he gestured to my whole body, "Let me help you clean up." he hands me some napkins and Scarlet helps me dab the smoothie juice off my clothes. To my disappointment, my top is still covered in the juice graffiti when I stepped out to the restroom.

Something soft and heavy was pushed into my hand, "Your letterman?"

"I feel bad since Brooklyn is only tormenting you because of me." Kolby stands rubbing the back of his neck.

"You feel?" I raise a brow at him.

"Hush it, homeschool, I'm trying to be nice." he rolls his eyes at me, "Can you even say anything to me about feeling? You just stood there like a stone wall after you unstuffed the queen bee." I shrug off his comments about the showdown and thank him for the jacket then make my way to my next class and try to answer Scarlet's questions as fast as she's asking them.

In front of everyone, regardless of my feelings towards my jock or a tour mentor, I crown my self in front of everyone. Hanging from my back is a overprices jacket made of cheap cotton and chemical dye. Hanging about my heart is the crown jewel of it all: A varsity letter. Kolby Richards lettermen. Physically, I'm swimming in the fabric but in every other way possible it fits like a glove, and damn does it feel good.

Walking away, Kolby by my side, I catch a whiff of his scent, and a sense of comfort washes over me. I think he sees me inhale his essence so I shoot him a dirty look. It killed whatever moment could've been, but I'm comfortable on the thrown that is a letterman.