23)You

I actually can't describe how I'm feeling about this chapter.

Its short but jam packed with spicy drama.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share ❤️

"You're completely delusional if you think I felt anything but a severe urge to gag when you kissed me," I say

"You're completely delusional if you think I felt anything but a severe urge to gag when you kissed me," I say. Deny and conquer, how you handle the tabloids, and how I'm going to handle Kolby.

"Whatever you say, princess," he says with his eyes still locked into the road.

My phone buzzes again:

Chris: Ran to a cute coffee shop (I just love this little town) Guess who's sitting across from me?!?

Me: Spare me the details

My gaze trails over to a very casual Kolby. His demeanor is almost irritating, "Besides Brooklyn is all yours. You two have made that perfectly clear to everyone." I say, my bitter tone finally drags his eyes away from the road, but only for a second.

He lets out a frustrated sigh, "You know I have you pegged as a lot of things but someone who just trusts someone verbatim, especially a girl like Brooklyn, is something I never thought you'd do." he says to my offense, however, before I can interject he continues, "Yet, here we are. You've believed her over and over again without even asking me my side of the story."

Realizing he was absolutely right, my head falls toward my lap, I've unfairly believed the town gossip like my father does to me, "You're right and I'm sorry."

"Excuse me what?" he asks.

My eyes narrow in on him, "Don't make me say it again, I may not be able to hold back my gag reflex again." I say allowing a smile to break through on my face. Kolby's features mirror mine and for the first time since we've met, I feel as though we've reached a bit of an understanding.

"Aren't you going to ask for my side?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows, I never would've excepted a teenage boy to be so excited to share his sexual encounters.

My phone buzzes:

Chris: There is just this lovely girl here. Maybe you know her?

I lock my phone screen at the sight of the notification. I don't care to give over whatever trouble Chris is trying to reel me into. I bring my attention back to t Kolby, "I honestly don't think I want to hear about you and Brooklyn's uh" I clear my thought, "relations." I finally manage to find a semi-appropriate word.

Chris: Does Brooklyn ring a bell? We've become quite helpful to one another over coffee.

As fast as it took for those words to travel from his phone to mine, the panic set in faster. Brooklyn's threats come flashing back, hitting me like a bag of bricks. I can only imagine what life would be like if the two of them worked together to make my life a living hell both here and back in the Kingdom.

"Well if you must know-" he halfway says until I cut him off.

"Take me to school right now!" I snap. He looks taken aback by my sudden outburst but I have no time to care for Kolby's feelings.

He swings a U-turn as quick as I had demanded him to, "What's the problem, princess?" he asks with more concern than curiosity.

I think hard about my answer. The moment seemed to go on for minutes. I glance over at Kolby one last time, I see his straight face, it isn't quite angry but it didn't light up with bliss as it had a few moments ago. I hate myself for having to tip the balance of his displayed emotion. Neutrality was not in our future, only dismay, "You." I say quietly at fist but I know if I say it again with more assertion we may just both believe it, "Your my problem."

At the sound of the second wave of hate, his face finally changes. His eyebrows furrow hard in disbelief, "Excuse me? How the hell am I your problem?" he asks with hurt in his voice.

"All of this" I gesture to space around and between us, "You and your overbearing tactics."

"Overbearing?"

"Yes!" I reiterate, "I'm sick and tired of your entitled, arrogant ways always messing with my life." I deserve an Oscar for my performance because by the looks of his face, not only was he believing every word that came from my poisonous mouth, but he was wounded by it.

"Me?" he asks, "You think I'm the one messing with your life!" I nod with a bored, uncaring look, "You come into this town and turn my whole life upside down. You lead me on to chase and chase you to no end, all the while I'm looking stupid as hell. The worst part is I don't even care about how dumb I look!" his word rip through my very being. All acting aside, I was hurt and it was showing, "I haven't missed practice all four years of high school, and all of a sudden I'm willing to skip at the drop of a hat. Your hat. The pretty new girl who sits with my mom at church, turning around and kissing my brother, not bothering to share anything about her just to what? Drive me absolutely insane?" he asks. His calm demeanor is nowhere in sight and the sweet charming boy I had 'strung along' is hurt and angry like the boy I met on the first day.

"I don't mean to hurt you." I finally let my voice soften, "But my secrets are exactly that. Mine. And what I do has nothing to do with you." I say looking out the window, I don't have the heart to look him in the face, for it is scared with the hurt caused by my actions.

"I wish I could say the same." the barks causing me to jump in my seat. He lets out a small sigh as the car rolls to a stop. We're back at school, "We're here." he says. I gather my things up and reach for the door handle when his quiet voice says one last thing, "I used to be like you, you know? To myself and stuff."

I hop out of the truck as the tears begin to well up in my eyes, the pressure is starting to push from behind my nose, and I know in a few seconds my voice will give away my true state but I can't help but ask, "What changed?"

"You."

Oh Sheesh! A storm is coming

Let me know what  you all think and as always please his that little star at the bottom ⬇️🌟

Published 03/25/19