10) Spill the Dirt

On day three of solitary confinement, I was looking to anything for some kind of stimulation. So far I've painted my nails, color-coordinated my closet, called my dad just to see what he was up to, and baked a batch of cookies. As I lay slumped over on the couch my cell phone rings and with my levels of boredom and desperation I quickly flip onto the floor and scramble to my feet. Coach Codwel's name appears so for a second I debate on whether or not I wanna answer it. "What's up?" he sounds like he's in a good mood which is good for me.

"Just enjoying my punishment," I say.

"Why?" he asks me.

"Don't you remember me attempting to murder the mayor's daughter? Getting suspended? Any of this ringing a bell for you?" I answer his question with a question.

"Yes, I remember, Mina." I can feel him rolling his eyes through the phone, "Don't you know what time it is?"

"Four o'clock. What's so special about it?" I ask. As our conversation rages on my confusion worsens. I wish he'd just get to the point.

"You have officially finished with your suspension an hour ago," he says.

I feel a huge weight lift off my shoulder and excitement jolt through me that is cut short because I realize it's not like I'm really aloud out anyways. "Ok and?" I say. I don't try to hide the boredom in my voice.

"Well Ashely needs help so you'd better get down here soon," he says causing my ears to perk up. I see the golden words "Social interaction" appear in front of me like an angel from above.

"I'll be there." I hang up and scurry upstairs to get ready.

I've never seen an American football stadium before

I've never seen an American football stadium before. It has a lot of working parts. The cheerleaders are dressed in a majestic royal purple mini skirts while thirty-five sweaty boys jog across the field in corresponding satin purple jerseys. Ashley flags me down from across the field, "Come help me with these water jugs."

Once I help her finish up lugging the massive water coolers to each bench on the field she starts wrapping and taping up body parts, "I know I didn't get a chance to teach you some of the medical staff this week but first thing next week I'll get you started." she says.

"Sounds good," I say.

"The water girl can wrap me anytime." a heavy set pale redhead body covered in freckles licks his lips at me.

"Watch yourself, Ryan, you remember what coach said." Kolby's stern voice comes from behind me.

"No fun," Ryan says before he walks off.

"Thanks," I say to Kolby.

"Anytime, princess." he winks at me before jogging off.

I can't help but watch him. His messy hair flows in the wind, his glowing smile lights up the felid, demanding the attention of everyone on it, I am no exception. Ashley clears her throat, "So, princess, want to tell me what that was about?"