Father and Son

Peter was never one to spew his feelings. There was only ever one exception, and that was when he was with you. He told you everything and vice versa. That's when you both knew that there was a strong connection you two shared. So, you acted on those feelings and you became the Starlordess to his Starlord.

  You and Peter has stayed up for hours at night just talking about his dreams of meeting his real father and the dreams you had of a family of your own. You two were dating at the time, but talking about a family was a huge deal to you and especially to him. Before he explained how he felt for you, he was never a one woman kind of man. He was the love them and leave them type.

  He didn't oppose it completely. He just said not at that time and how you should wait, and he was right. You didn't want kids right then and there, but you wanted him to know that you did at some point. So, when Groot became a little baby again, you took it upon yourself to nurture him like a mother would a child.

  He was just a little guy who loved to cuddle. He loved the attention you gave him and you loved giving it to him. Sometimes when Groot couldn't sleep, you'd sing to him while he was laying in your arms, and most of those times, Peter would be standing in the doorway with a smile on his face.

Unlike any other night, tonight, you didn't go to Groot's room and read him a story or sing to him. No, tonight is different. It's a depressing night. You all just finished watching Yondu's ashes float in space.

Sure, Peter has his arm around you, but he didn't say a word, especially after it was all over. He had just unwrapped his arm from around you and went to the room you two share, which was his before you two started dating.

You weren't really sure what to do to help him. You'd lost people in the past, but never someone you viewed as a parent, or even your own parents. You were too young to even realize when they passed away. Which is one reason you never argued with Yondu. He had stolen you from your foster home, which you didn't mind because those people were dicks anyway. Yondu took you because Peter was lonely and needed a friend. Obviously kidnapping is bad, but you've never been so thankful to have been kidnapped in your life.

But just like when you were abducted to keep Peter company and make sure he wasn't upset, you have a duty to do it on the Milano as well.

  "Where's Quill? I didn't notice him disappear." Rocket says as Groot hops off his shoulder.

   "Our room." You answer as Groot tugs on your pant leg. You lean over and pick him up, placing him up on your right shoulder. "Me and Groot are gonna check on him." You say.

  "Well, tell me how it goes." Rocket makes his way out of the cockpit.

"Will do." You say as you lightly grab Groot.

"I am Groot."

"Yeah, we're gonna talk to Peter. I'm just not sure how to approach him." You say as you start pacing.

"I am Groot?"

You sigh and use your other hand to wipe a stripe down your face. "Old fashioned, huh?"

"I am Groot." He nods.

"Well, let's do this." You say as you place Groot on your shoulder again and make your way to your shared room.

The door is closed so he must not want to be messed with, but that's never stopped you before. Groot crawls down your wrist so you put your palm up. He takes a seat on your hand as you open the door.

Peter is facing away from the door on the bed, listening to his Zune. You look down at Groot as he looks up at you.

"You know the drill." You whisper to the little flora colossus.