Ooh child

Peter has been...distant today. He didn't wake you up with kisses like he usually does. He just got out of bed like you weren't even there. He hasn't talked to anyone so none of you have talked to him. You don't know what's up with him, but you don't want to make him angry.

Peter is piloting the Milano at the moment.

"Hey." Rocket's voice says from beside you.

You look down.

"Hey." You say and then turn your attention back to Peter who's still silently piloting his ship.

"What's up with Quill? He's been quiet all morning. When we talk to him, he gives us short answers." Rocket says as he folds his arms over his chest.

Peter is never this quiet. Unless...

"I think I might have an idea about what's bothering him." You say as you see Peter pull out a photograph.

"What do you think it is?" Rocket asks.

"I think he misses his mom." You say and then look down at Rocket.

He shakes his head.

"This is all your department, (y/l/n)." He says as he turns around and walks out of the cockpit.

As Rocket walks out, Groot walks in. That gives you an idea. You pick up Groot and walk to the stereo. You skip the songs until it lands on a certain one.

Ooh-oo child Things are gonna get easier

The song plays throughout the Milano. Peter turns around and sees you holding Groot. He puts the ship on autopilot and then stands up.

Ooh-oo child Things'll get brighter

He stretches as he looks at you and then sits back down like you're not even there. You groan in frustration and then you look at Groot. You smile as he starts dancing in your hands. Then you get another idea.

Ooh-oo child Things are gonna get easier

You walk with Groot in your hands, over to Peter. You set Groot on Peter's lap and Groot starts to dance. Peter smiles down at Groot and then he looks up at you.

"Hey." He says with a soft smile.

"Hey." You say, smiling back at him.

"I am Groot." You both smile at Groot.

Groot decides to jump off of Peter's lap and run somewhere in the ship. You sit in the co-pilot's seat and face Peter. Peter faces you too.

"Why are you so gloomy?" You ask even though you know the answer.

He sighs and then wipes a strip down his face.

"It's gonna sound stupid." He says and then you shake your head.

"It's not gonna sound stupid, Peter." You assure him.

"I just- I just miss my mom, ya know? She meant a lot to me and I love her so much. And then my dick of a father decides to tell me that he's the one that killed her." He explains and you mentally pat yourself on the back for knowing why he was upset.

You're as good as Sherlock Holmes. Anyway, that's not the point.

"I know it's hard, but you'll get through it. We'll help you. Mostly me since the others don't seem to have that much of a heart, but you're not going through this alone." You say which causes him to smile.

"Ooh child, things are gonna get easier." You sing along as you stand up and then plant yourself in Peter's lap.

"Ooh child things are gonna get brighter." You and Peter sing in unison.

You smile at each other.

"I can always count on you to make me feel better." He says as you rest your forehead on his.

"That's what I'm here for." You say and then you connect your lips with his.

"Are you kiddin' me? Go make babies somewhere else!" Rocket says dramatically, making you and Peter break apart.

You both laugh as Rocket walks out of the room. You and Peter look at each other.

"Baby makin' sounds fun." Peter says with a wink.

You smirk.

"Totally." You say as you stand up and grab his hand.

You lead him to the your shared bedroom and then close the door.