I Love You

SO I LOVE BILLIE EILISH AND THIS SONG IS AMAZING SO IM MAKING AN IMAGINE WITH PETER FOR YOU GUYS USING THE LYRICS AND STUFF!! LISTEN TO IT WHILE YOU READ!!
—————————————————————————

   You can't stay with the Guardians any longer. It's not that they treat you bad or they leave you out, the complete opposite actually, but the reason is Peter. God, Peter, the man with the jade gems for eyes. The man with the cute nose and soft pink lips. The man you've fallen in love with.... That's why you're leaving. You are so in love with Peter and it scares you. You can't make a mistake like that ever again. You've been too hurt in the past in this type of situation so it's better that you leave while you're ahead. Before you say anything stupid.

     You're on earth right now. It's weird to be back home. You've missed the sights and the air. The others are out while you're packing your bag. There's a weird stinging in your eyes as tears fill them, but they don't fall. You can't let them. God, how did you become so soft? How could you let Peter do this to you? You've shared too much of your life, past and present with Peter and look where that got you! When you'd tell him a sad story, he'd tell you one of his. That's when you realized that you felt some sort of way about him, but you just couldn't leave. You were weak and you were transparent. Not anymore.

    You can't hurt him and you sure as hell can't hurt yourself again. You wrote a note about ten minutes ago and put it in Peter's pilot seat and hurried to pack you bag. Thunder booms loudly as you hear raindrops hit the roof of the Milano. As another clap of thunder sounds, you turn around and bump into a hard chest. You know who it is. You take in a deep breath and look up slowly until your watery (y/e/c) eyes meet his forest green ones.

    You both stand there, ever so close. His scent is so strong. Cheap cologne that still smells good, the smell of detergent mixed with the smell of the Milano. It smells like home. "What the hell is this?" He finally asks  as he holds up the note. The strange thing is that his voice is soft.

  Your eyes trail over to the note with your handwriting on it. You look back at Peter and sigh. "I-I just have to- I have to go, Peter." You fight the cracking in your voice.

  He shakes his head. "Why? Is it something I did?" He drops the note and puts his hands on your shoulders.

  You shake your head. "No." You pause as you close your eyes and look down, hoping the tears won't fall. "It's something I did." You take a step back and open your eyes again. "I'm sorry, Peter. I really have to go." With that, you brush past him and hurry out of the Milano as the others ask you what's wrong and where are you going?

   Stepping outside, you're hit with rain. Just great. It doesn't matter though. You have to get away from the guardians that have become your friends and the one guardian, that one guardian who stole your heart and won't give it back. You keep waking and then hear a deep voice that you want to hear in your ear every night.

"(Y/n), wait! Please!" Peter shouts loud enough for you to hear as his footsteps become louder.

You don't run or stop. You just keep walking. "(Y/n)." He grabs your wrist and spins you around.

You're star struck by this wonderful and handsome man. His emerald eyes are staring into you and you can't help but look into them.

"Please, don't leave. Why are you leaving anyway?" He asks, never letting go of your wrist even though you could break out of his soft grasp at any moment.

His hair is sticking to his forehead as the two of you get drenched by the pouring rain.

"I just have to. Please, Peter, don't make this harder than it has to be." You beg.