Pink or Blue?

Peter made you stay home. You were throwing up and just felt nauseous. Mantis stayed behind to take care of you even though you're too damn stubborn to accept her help.

You're sitting in Peter's pilot seat and looking out at the scenery. You're in Xandar at the moment.

"(Y/n), I made you some soup. I hear that's what sick Terrans like when they're sick." Mantis says from behind as she carries a bowl of soup in her hands.

"I'd love to eat it, Mantis but just thinking about food makes me wanna puke." You say and mantis nods.

She sets the bowl down.

"May I feel your forehead?" She asks and you nod.

Her antennae start to glow at the tips. Her face distorts to a sickly one. And then changes to something else.

"This is strange." Mantis says as you look up at her.

"What is?" You ask.

"I'm...I'm feeling your emotions and-and someone else's." She says as her eyebrows knit together.

What the hell is she talking about? That doesn't make any sense...oh.

"I believe you are pregnant." She says and then takes her hand away from you.

Your jaw drops as fear makes itself known. Your heart starts to beat fast and adrenaline bursts through your body.

"Pregnant? No-I- I can't be. Peter and I were careful." You say as you stand up.

You and Peter have talked about having a kid before, but it wasn't serious. Well, at least you weren't serious. You and Peter aren't even married. You live on a ship and fight bad guys. That's not something a child should be brought up in.

Having this child means that you can't be a Guardian of the Galaxy anymore. You can't do that to Peter. He loves what he does.

"Mantis, gimme a minute, please." You say and then she nods.

She makes her way out quietly.

"A baby?" You ask yourself as you sit down again.

Maybe a baby won't be so bad. You could have a little you/little Peter running around someday. You can look into your child's eyes and be happy that you brought a life into the world. You can help your child with homework when they're older and even teach them how to protect themselves.

You smile at the thought of you and Peter being parents. He would be such a good father. Your kid could even be a hero someday. Since you have powers, maybe your child will too. You imagine Peter holding your baby in the nursery and as he rocks the baby to sleep, he sings my sweet lord.

Then you imagine the baby throwing a fit and then Peter picks it up and sings ooh child. You'd love to actually see that happen. Of course being a parent is scary, but when you hold the baby in your arms and look at it, it has to be worth it. You can do this. Now you have to tell Peter.

Shit! You have to tell Peter! What if he doesn't want to be a part of your child's life!? What if you scare him away!? How are you going to do this!?

"(Y/n)? Mantis, where's (y/n)?" You hear Peter's voice as the Guardians walk into the ship.

"In your piloting seat. She has news." You hear Mantis say.

Damn it, Mantis! You facepalm and take in a deep breath. You hear footsteps and look behind you to see Peter standing there with a smile.

"Hey, babe." He says as he pecks your lips.