The Belataed "I Love You" (2)

———Rocket's POV———

  I shouldn't have let (y/n) do that! What the hell was I thinking?! She's my best friend and I let her put herself in danger! "Stupid, Stupid, Raccoon!" I shout at myself as I throw a cup at the wall of my locked bedroom.

   We managed to grab her body from space, but I feel like she won't make it. As soon as Quill got on the ship, he was shouting at us to go get her, but we already had. I should've been a better best friend and told her that I wouldn't let her die. Not like that! I told Quill everything that she said. I told him about why she was sacrificing herself and how I let her. I saw the rage and hurt in his eyes and I was expecting a punch to the face which I'd gladly take, but nothing happened. He just walked off. I have to be the worst friend in the galaxy.

   There's a knock at my door. "Go away!" I say, my voice almost trembling.

  "Open the door." Quill's voice demands calmly.

  I roll my eyes and unlock the door. Quill has puffy red eyes as he walks in and closes the door behind him.

  "Why? Why did you let her do that?" He asks as he folds his arms over his chest.

  I look down at my feet and sigh. "She begged us, Quill. She wanted to save all of us-"

  "No, why did you let her?" His hands drop to his sides and clenches his fists.

   I can't make eye contact with him right now. "I wanted to do what would make her happy. I did the best I could to convince her to not do it, but nothing was getting through her hard head." I pause as I hop on my bed. "I guess this small part of me felt like she wouldn't die. That she would make it to the ship and we could forget about it."

   Surprisingly, Quill sits next to me with his hands on his knees. Neither of us say a word. The silence is uncomfortable. I'm not used to this weird sappy stuff, especially with Quill.

"Well, we can't forget about it. She's on the ship and barely alive. I hope she'll pull through." He pauses and puts his head in his hands.

———Peter's POV———

"If she doesn't...I don't know what I'll do." I say to Rocket. "I love her so damn much. I should've told her how I felt earlier. Maybe she wouldn't have done something so stupid." Why do I screw everything up?

"Well, if we're being honest, either of you could've said something. You two clearly were into each other, but both of you were too dumb to notice."

I give Rocket my best bitch face. "Dude!" Leave it to Rocket to ruin a bro moment.

"Look, Quill, she's not dead. Don't talk about her like she is. When she wakes up, you two idiots can talk about it. I shouldn't have let her do that. I should have grabbed her and flew to the ship, but I couldn't. So, believe me, when she wakes up, we'll all talk." He says hopefully.

I never really noticed how much he cared about (y/n). He was always a little douchebag, but in a weird loving way, but to her, he was...not as douchebaggish. I guess it's because they're so similar. Scared of feelings and scared of getting too close. But, no matter how much they fought their feelings, they ultimately lost. (Y/n) fought the hardest. I remember when I would flirt with her and I swear she would try to kill me with her mind powers because I would slip or something. That happened the first time I flirted with her.

    I know she's not dead, but I can't help but feel hopeless. I lost Yondu and my father. I hate my father for what he did. I'm glad he's gone, but Yondu had a reason why he kept me all of these years. I'm really going to miss him. He was my real dad. I bite my lip as what he said to me as we were flying towards the ship comes flooding back.