I Love You (2)

This time, he lets you go. He knows he can't stop you. Your heart is aching for him. You just want to turn around and go running back, throwing your arms and legs around him as you crash your lips into his....
~~

   But you didn't. You love him so much, but you were hurt before by someone else and your heart just can't take it. After that whole fiasco, you stayed in New York. You got an apartment and a job. Your job is great and all, but it's nothing like being a guardian. God, you miss Peter. So much. You miss the others too, but there's this stupid ache in your heart for Peter.

  Maybe you made a mistake. Maybe you should've stayed. No, you can't be hurt again! What don't you understand about that!? As you sit on the couch, you look down at the device that Rocket gave you when you first became a guardian. If you're ever in distress, you're supposed to press the button, and the others will come running. All of you got one.

   There's a knock at your door. With a groan, you stand up and make your way to it. You open the door and are met with a little kid.

  "Hey. Where are your parents?" You question as you get on one knee.

  "Up there." He points up to the sky. "Wanna see something?" He asks.

  "Um, sure, but we gotta get you home.." You stand up as he pulls out an alien-looking gun.

  Before you can do anything, he pulls the trigger. The electric current from it, makes your body shake violently on the floor. Your eyes attempt to focus on the kid. His skin peels off as he grows taller. Damn shifting bastard! You remember the device Rocket gave you. At first, you struggle, but you push it, signaling the other guardians that your ass is grass. Good thing that you pressed it just now because your vision is starting to fade....

~~

     The first sense you gather is touch. The cool air that's breathing on your skin sends shivers down your spine. The next one is hearing. You don't hear much. Just the sounds of an aircraft. Your eyes open to reveal that you're in a room. The walls are metal and silver. That's it. There's nothing else just cold metal walls surrounding you.

  You try to move your arms, but they're tied up. Literally up. Your hands have been tied together by a thick rope and you're hanging from a hook. The tips of your shoes reach the floor, but that's all. How can you possibly get out of this? Where are you? Obviously on a spaceship, but where? Floating in space or are you on a planet?

    "Good to see awake. Boss will be pleased." That voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

  "Where are we?" You ask as the slimy looking alien gets closer.

  "Knowhere. You have bounty on you. You rare commodity." His reptilian face grows a sadistic smile. "Time to go." He grabs your feet and lifts you off of the hook from there.

"And who exactly is this boss?" You question as the alien thing leads you out of the room.

"You ask many question, Terran." He leads you out of the ship.

You turn to look behind you and count how many other companions of his there are. But there's just him. Quickly, you elbow the weird reptile alien and then kick him in the stomach. You waste no time taking off away from him.

You brush past many of the other people in the area, trying to find a place to hide for now, but no luck. Almost every place is open, but you only need to cut that rope wrapped around your wrists. After you do that, you can fight.

Hopefully the other guardians got your distress message. The Milano better be speeding to Knowhere or else when you somehow escape this planet, you're finding them and kicking their asses!