Come a little bit closer (part two)

After what happened, you found a room to lock yourself in. There are many rooms so finding you will be a bit difficult. You sit on the floor with your back against the door. Your hands are in your hair as you rest your elbows on your thighs. Warm tears just fall from your eyes uncontrollably.

Why does this hurt so badly? Probably because now you know that you have no chance with Peter. At all. The fact that he loves Gamora is worse. You really wish you were Gamora right now. She's so lucky. You sigh and wipe away the tears. Sooner or later you're going to have to come out and act like you're okay.

Maybe that's another reason you hate this. You have to act. When you're upset, you always act like nothing is wrong. You always bottle it up. The one time you didn't want to bottle it up anymore, just blows up in your face.

"Ladies and gentleman, we have landed on my planet." Ego's voice echoes through the halls.

You stand up and wipe your tears. You take in a deep breath and then unlock the door. You walk out and then roam the halls until you find everyone except Peter.

"(Y/n), there you are. Peter's been looking everywhere for you." Gamora says as she folds her arms over her chest.

"Oh-uh- okay." You say as Ego looks around the group.

"Where's Peter?" Ego asks as his eyebrows basically stitch together in confusion.

"Right here!" You hear Peter's voice echo.

Everyone looks to their right, except you. You can't look at him. Not after Mantis exposed everyone's feelings. It's not his fault he loves Gamora though. You just can't help but feel a little angry.

"Okay, well, now that everyone is here, step up here with me and we'll get goin." Ego says with his hands together and a smile.

You all step on a platform and then Ego turns around. He presses a button and the platform dislodges itself from the rest of the ship. The platform is floating above the ground. This place is beautiful. So many trees. Greens, yellows and reds. The waterfalls are amazing. They're large and you can hear it falling.

  There isn't a dead patch on the ground anywhere. The plants are gorgeous. So many different colors. Some of the colors you've never seen before.

"Welcome, everyone, to my world." Ego says as he turns around and stretches his arms out.

"Wow. You have your own planet?" Peter asks as he puts his hands in his pockets.

"Come on. No larger than your earth's moon." Ego says as he turns around again.

"Humility. I like it." Drax says as he rests his thumbs on his belt buckle.

You walk away from Gamora and Peter. You decide to sit on the edge of the platform and dangle your legs.

"I, too, am extraordinarily humble."  Drax continues.

You chuckle a bit at his comment. You see bubbles passing by your face. You reach to your left to grab one lightly and you manage to catch it. You hold it in your hands as you look into it. It makes you think of Groot. He would've loved this.

You let the bubble go and watch it float off. Drax touches one and it causes the large bubble to separate into smaller bubbles. He laughs at it. You look down and see rivers flowing near green trees. This planet is all too beautiful.

Out of the corner of your eye, you see someone sit next to you. You see red, so that means it's Peter. Him and his red leather jacket.

"Hey." He says as he looks at you.