πενήντα τεσσάρων

「 time check; 23:02 」 「 ship; lumark 」

「 ship; lumark 」

yukhei sat there, horrified.

the chinese male held a tattered journal in his hands; one that was shoved underneath mark's bed in their shared dorm.

the taller had noticed mark be really on edge and upset these days, so he had sat on his bed waiting for him to get back from the bathroom so they could have a talk.

yet upon sitting on the boy's bed, yukhei felt something in between the mattress and the covers.

that's when he pulled out that awful journal, and realized what a mistake it truly was.

yukhei felt weak to the stomach just flipping through the first of the many pages of it. the drawings were made with so much detail, and they felt so vivid and real.

graphic scenes of dead bodies all over the place, destroyed buildings, big fires and storms and guns, all casting down and going everywhere, blood, hands that seemed to come out of the page and grab you.

it looked like an actual hell, and place of misery and despair.

"what are you doing with that!?"

mark's voice suddenly rang throughout yukhei's ears, snapping him out of his daze.

"give me that!" the smaller boy roared, becoming so angry so quickly it scared yukhei.

mark suddenly lunged at the older, tackling him on his bed and desperately trying to take the journal out of his grasp.

but yukhei held on tight; something was really going on with mark, and all he wanted was to help him out. it hurt the chinese male's heart seeing how different mark had been these days, because he deserved nothing of it. he deserved all the love and affection and care in the world, for being so incredible and hardworking.

yukhei grabbed mark's waist and flipped them over, so now he was the one on top of him. the taller sighed frustratingly and glared at the stubborn boy, who looked like he was ready to fight him for looking into his private things.

"GET OFF AND GIVE ME MY FUCKING JOURNAL YUKHEI!" mark screamed loudly, kicking and swinging his arms around as if he was a child; though it worked to no avail because yukhei was so much taller and bigger than he was.

mark just looked at yukhei holding his journal, and began to cry. he sank into his sheets and slowly curled up into a ball. he stopped screaming, and stopped trying to fight yukhei off. his cries progressively got louder, to which the older took as instinct to grab mark and cradle him in his arms sweetly.

"... hey, what's wrong?" yukhei whispered, running a hand through mark's hair in a loving manner. that only caused the smaller boy to cry harder, and seek the forlorn comfort he needed in yukhei's warmth.

"mark... what is this journal?" the chinese male whispered, feeling the said boy circle his arms around his neck like a fussy baby and continue to cry helplessly. he didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to bother anybody or be a burden. he would rather suffer alone than ask for help.

"...i-it's what i dream in t-the night..." the boy said in a silent sob. "they w-won't go away... and i'm scared..." mark choked out, clinging onto yukhei at this point, just so afraid.

the taller's heart broke upon hearing mark utter those words, and he couldn't do anything but hug him tighter.

"oh, baby..." yukhei whispered, caressing his hair gently. he brought his lips to lovingly kiss mark's tears away and sat him upright on his lap.

"... why didn't you tell me? or anyone, for the matter?" the chinese male questioned in a soothing voice, tracing random patterns on mark's back.

the boy sighed quietly, and shrugged with a sniffle.

"... i didn't want to b-bother anyone." he responded, feeling the waterworks in his eyes about to give out again.

that's when yukhei decided to peck him on his lips.

that action really made mark stop focusing on the situation they were talking about, and instead blush a light pink and begin to feel how fast his heart sped up.

"how about you sleep with me in my bed tonight, hmm?" yukhei offered, pressing his forehead up against the small, flustered boy. "if you wake up because of a bad dream, no matter how late it might be, you wake me up alright?" the taller told, eventually earning a shy and slow nod from mark.

yukhei smiled.

mark could really radiate baby energy sometimes.

and with that, the chinese male headed to his bed, and allowed mark to crawl on top of him. he in return nuzzled the boy into his body and provided him with all the warmth and comfort he needed in the moment.

swift and in silence, the two just remained there for a while, letting the feelings sink in and their trust with each other develop more than it had already.

yukhei watched until mark was fully asleep on his chest, before falling asleep himself. he made sure to hold the small boy close to him, letting him know he was going to be there for him any and every time he needed him, no matter how small or big the issue was.

・゜゜・.

ew i suck

literally what happened to me.

anyways

i know others requested different ships but don't worry i'll make a oneshot of those ships as well!!!

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura