Twelve

I woke up this morning to see gray and blue balloons all of my room. I smiled hard and laughed.
"That's quite a bit of balloons." I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I sprayed my face with some mist and went downstairs to grab a bite to eat.
"Happy birthday to you!" My family started singing.
"Happy birthday to you," Daddy pulled out my chair and I sat down.
"Happy birthday dear Allison. Happy birthday to you!"
"Thank you." I started to eat my big breakfast and my parents watched me.
"What are you doing today my love?"
"Well, I'm gonna go shopping with my friends and then come back to have dinner with you guys and then have a sleepover?"
"Sounds good." I was having a party over the weekend and I was excited. This global warming thing has been making all of September pretty hot so I was gonna chill in the pool.
"Alright, gotta start heading to school. Andrew, Amaya, let's go." They cleaned off their plates and put it in the sink.
"Bye guys!" They said.
"Lemme get that for you princess." I smiled and I slid my backpack on my back.
"I gotta go soon."
Joy😔💖: I'm here bestie!
Joy gave me an amazing paragraph for my birthday today. Made me cry a bit honestly.
"Joy's here."
"Alright, Bye ladybug." I gave Mama a hug and went towards the front door.
"When you get home I wanna speak to you."
"Sure."
**********
Homeroom
"Happy birthday Allie!"
"Thanks Leila." My friends showered me with presents and I just kind of felt so special...
"Don't feel bad! You deserve it! You're an amazing friend."
"Yo, did Josh call you yet?"
"No, remember the 4 hour difference? He's probably sleeping right now. It's 4 over there."
"Damn." Brian said.
"I know, it makes texting difficult sometimes. It was easier before he got used to the time zone." I laughed and ate one of the mini KitKats is was given.
"You guys coming to my pool party Saturday?"
"Well duh! It's the last time we can wear bikinis and short shorts most likely until March next year, I'm taking full advantage."
"With global warming you may never know though."
"Imagine it's warm all year round?"
"That'd be so sick."
"Yeah, but then the sea levels will be rising, which could cause the whole of Manhattan to be flooded." Here came Informational Ivy, always with information, but at inconvenient times, ruins a whole conversation, and just an honest pain in the butt in general to be completely honest.
"We know that Ivy, we just meant if none of that existed." We all rolled our eyes and I sipped my drink for an extra dramatic effect. I was eager to try out for drama this year. It seemed so interesting.
"I wish she'd just go the hell away already," Leila said.
"You could say that again."
"But yo, who else is going to your party?"
"Well you guys of course, Safia, Lanai, Mara, Mirah, Joseph, Brendon, my siblings, my god sister Sophia, and a friend of her's, more family and some friends from dance hopefully."
"That's gonna be one packed party."
"I know right!"
"Hey guys!"
"Come here Safie! We were literally just talking about you." Safia is one of my oldest friends, but she moved away for two years, so she missed out on some things.
"I can't wait for Saturday!"
"Right it's gonna be epic!"
***********
Allison's Sleepover (Mariska's Perspective)
"I feel like Zac Efron is so overrated."
"What do you mean?"
"Literally everyone likes the guy, it's so overrated at this point, and it's so predictable."
"She has a point. There are way better guys like Jungkook."
"He's overrated as well Saf!" The girls all laughed as I watched. She's growing up before my eyes.
"Mrs.Hermann, I cant believe you let us have a sleepover on a school night."
"I can't believe it either."
"Tomorrow morning is gonna be so crazy, we have to wake up early."
"Yeah, I don't wanna wake the little kids up. We have to be somewhat quiet." The girls all started to whisper and giggle.
"Mama,can you give us some privacy? Please?"
"Okay, I'll be upstairs if you guys need me." Peter was working tonight and I decided to give him a call, as I was the only one who hadn't told him goodnight.
"Hey babe."
"Hey, I just wanted to tell you good night, it's been a long day."
"How's the sleepover?"
"It's great. All the girls are happy, talking about boys, all that jazz."
"I need you listening because I don't want to see my daughter crying over another boy."
"I've heard a bit. I think they saved the juicy stuff for when I left." We both laughed and I sighed.
"Well, good night babe. I love you."
"Love you more M. See you in a bit."
"Mama, were gonna paint each other's nails, can you help us please?"
"Of course. Anything for you birthday girl." I put on my robe and took the elevator down with my daughter.
"You having fun?"
"Yeah, this is a great sleepover." I had hired a caterer to tend to the girls needs and two staff members while I took a small nap. I was energized now, and ready to attempt to be a cool Mom. Only Andrew thinks I'm cool, and I'm not sure why.
"Okay Joy, what color do you want?"
"Purple, but which shade though?!" She held them up and I looked at them for a solid minute."
"I think lavender would go so well with your hair color."
"Alright Mrs.Hermann. I trust you. You're like my second Mom."
"And you're like my 3rd daughter." I smiled as I painted her nails and she told me all about school with Allie.
"That seems really nice."
"It is, can you believe next year is our last year?!"
"I can't even begin to fathom it. You guys were so little not the long ago. Now, you guys are coming into your own and becoming mature young ladies. It's been a pleasure raising you girls. I'm am so proud." She smiled and I smiled back. I couldn't get emotional in front of all of these kids.
**********
My Sleepover Party (Allie's Perspective)
I was having so much fun! We had the whole basement to ourselves, food whenever we wanted, and some much games to play, and things to talk about. This was an incredible birthday. I was so grateful that Mama was able to put this together for me. I was the only girl awake at this point. Starting at the ceiling and smiling.
"Goodnight my ladybug."
"Night Mommy." I got up to give her a hug and a kiss.
"Happy birthday tween."
"Aww Mama."
"I can't help it! You're turning 13 next year." She had a point, but I just wanted to act like everything was still "normal". Because turning a teenager doesn't sound like what it's all hyped up to be,
"Well, you have school in the 'morrow. Night baby."
"Night Mama." I went back into the little sofa thing I was sharing with Joy and drifted off into a slow sleep.

PT2 Coming soon*****