Feelings

Christmas was tomorrow and I didn't have strong feelings. I just saw it as another day.
"Allie, get up! Do something!"
"Sorry Ma." I took out candy canes and placed them next to the mugs where my mom was getting ready to pour hot chocolate.
"Do you think we should shred chocolate on it?"
"I don't really care."
"Where's the spirit Allie?"
"It's gone."
"Is something the matter?" She asked while shredding the chocolate.
"Just not feeling Christmas."
"We're going to Puerto Rico though, is t that something to look forward to?"
"Sure." Mama gave me a weird look and finished the last cup of hot chocolate. I walked over to the living room and plopped down on the couch next to my siblings and Dad.
"Make space."
"Please." My dad said correcting me.
"Make space, please." I sat between my dad and my sister. Amaya leaned on me tiredly and I did the same to my dad. We started watching home alone and I was getting progressively more tired.
"Everyone's sleepy tonight." Mama whispered.
"I'm ready for bed." I left quickly and went into a room. I looked out at the city lights and sighed.
****
Christmas Morning
"Wow, look at that."
"Merry Christmas guys." Our parents said. They all gave us hugs and kisses as we went over to the tree. We started to open the presents and let's say I got some good stuff!
"Thank you Mama." It was a little book filled with stuff from her and Daddy.
"You're welcome."
"Allie you have one more gift." Amaya pointed out. I opened it and it was a new sweater and a card with 200 bucks from Daddy. I went over and gave him a big hug. Overall I got a lot of money, cute clothes, some necklaces, gift cards and phone cases, that book from my parents and then so much food from my friends.
"Let's get ready for Christmas breakfast huh? Girls come help me in the kitchen."
"Yes Mama." We went into the kitchen and I made eggs while Mama made bacon. Amaya used the waffle maker to make some yummy waffles and Daddy set the table.
"I wanna help cook." Daddy said.
"Shoo, we don't need you right now! The girls are cooking today." Amaya our her hands on her hips and Daddy tickled her stomach.
"Hey! I have to get back to making your waffles now." I finished making the eggs and smiled at my job well done. Mama tried a forkful.
"Good job, who taught you how to cook so well?" I rolled my eyes playfully and she gave me a kiss.
"Go put the eggs on the table my love." I nodded and put them there and then took the waffles from Amaya who was obviously struggling. She thanked me and the boys sat down hungrily.
"Amaya, you're praying right?"
"Yes." Amaya prayed and we started eating and talking as we would at every meal we shared.
"I'm full Mama." She smiled and rubbed my shoulder.
"Good to hear, it means you've eaten well."
"So what are we going to do now?" Andrew asked.
"Just stay inside and relax."
********
Girls Room (Mariska's Perspective)
"Just me and my girls hm?" They nodded and sat up.
"Everyone's Happy today?"
"Oh yeah, this was a nice Christmas. It would be better if we had a house though."
"Those things come with time guys. You don't just buy houses like that. And it's hard to find a house on the Upper West Side right now." I rubbed their backs and Allie smiled looking down at her phone.
"Stop texting boys and chat with me."
"Sorry. It was kind of important." She giggled and I snatched the phone playfully.
"Nooo, stop it!" I raised my hand as she stretched to get her phone and Amaya was getting a full laugh out of it.
"Oh wow look at this, 'I think brownies are cuter than blondes. Don't you think Joy?' And look at this one,"
"Stop reading them out loud omg." She grabbed the phone and sat down on the bed.
"She took the phone back now hahah."
"You see you, you love boys a little too much for my liking."
"They're cute and adorable, I can't help it!"
"I think they're cute too." Amaya added.
"Amaya!" The girls giggled and smiled.
"Amaya when?" Allie looked at her and Amaya nodded.
"She likes a boy named Parker."
"Ohhh, Parker. Come here Amaya. I never knew you liked someone. Why didn't you tell me?"
"I was a bit embarrassed, I only told Allie." Allie smirked and I couldn't help but smile.
"I'm surprised that Allie kept it for so long. This was the secret that you two have been joking about."
"Yeah, but not that it's out I can't tease her anymore. I'll find something."
"What do you like about Parker?"
"A lot." Allie laughed and leaned on my arm.
"I'm guessing you know what that means."
"Yeah, but I'll let her explain herself. She can literally go on and on about him."
"Oh really, why is she being so shy now then?"
"I'm not!"
*********
Celeste
"Mama,"
"Hm?"
"What is the best way to react to change?" Allie asked.
"You either sit back and let it happen or you fight it off. One or the other, no in-between. Why do you ask?" She fumbled a little bit and sighed.
"What's wrong?"
"Kaylee is moving. She's moving to Germany," She poked at her food and then continued to eat.
"I'm guessing that it's troubling you."
"It's because it's troubling her. She's really upset about it. I thought maybe some advice would help."
"That's a nice thought." She nodded and drank some of her soda.
"How about I help you guys give her a going away surprise? How does that sound?"
"Really Mama?"
"Yes, really." She smiled and held my hand.
"Thank you Mama."
"You're very welcome my ladybug. Anything for you."
"Anything for me?"
"Anything, for you."
"I never know that I was your favorite. Who do you like first?"
"August was my first, Amaya was my second, Andrew was my third, and you are my fourth."
"Ugh, so you have no favorite."
"No I don't Allison Maya." I smiled and ate my chicken parm.
"But if you did have a favorite, would I be your favorite?"