People

"How was your night Allie?"
"Bad. I had a nightmare." I took a bite of bacon and then set it down.
"Was it about?"
"Yeah." I cried badly last night. But I tried not to be very loud or everyone would hear me.
"I heard you crying by the way."
"You did August?"
"Yeah, but I didn't want to make you uncomfortable." August is a nice older brother. I just don't want him getting too close to me, I would feel uncomfortable. He's so close to the age that my brother-
"Good Morning guys. Hi my baby boy, Allie your hair sweetheart." My mom said laughing.
"I had a rough night." I attempted to laugh it off. I looked at August and he looked at me,
"She was crying Mom."
"Is that true?" I nodded and went to look in the fridge.
"I just had a bad dream." I felt uneasy kind of. The little kids were at their music class so Mom could ask me anything, also my mom told me that before me and dad went out that she needed to talk to me.
"You want to talk about it?" I shook my head. I took the cream cheese and spread it over my bagel.
"When you're done eating go clean up and then come to my bedroom. You remember where it is right?"
"Yes mommy."
*****
After I got out the shower, I put on shorts and a black shirt. I didn't really study the extremely nice clothes that my parents left in my wardrobe. Afterwards I went to my parents room where they signaled for me to sit on the bed.
"Dad and I just wanted to talk to you about being out in public. Especially with us being a bit popular. We haven't announced your adoption yet so when you go out we need you to carry yourself a certain way."
"Exactly, we need you to have amazing manners. Which you have of course, and not act too suspicious. Also when the cameras are flashing try to look down. They may ask you uncomfortable questions, but you don't have to answer them okay?"
"What will happen if I act bad? Because when I'm cranky I'm not very nice."
"We'll work out some sort of punishment. But that depends on how badly you act. We try not to punish in public because it doesn't look good."
"Okay."
"You ready to go Al?"
"I need to do something first." I ran off to my bedroom and looked into my journal. I took my special ring out and then ran downstairs.
"I'm ready now."
"Okay let's go!"
*****
After we got my french book Dad took me to this place called Friday's. I got some chicken and mozzarella sticks because why not. Then dad talked to me about some stuff,
"How do you feel about starting school soon?"
"I don't want to go."
"Why not?"
"Because.. I had bad memories in school. Never again dad."
"See this is why it's good for you to go to therapy."
"No I said. I'm not going." I pushed away my plate and didn't look at him anymore.
"Why all of this?" I didn't answer.
"What happened at school?"
"Nothing. Can we go home?"
*****
I went upstairs and slammed my door hard. "I'm not doing these stupid things." I locked my door and went under my covers. I cried for what seemed like forever.
"Allie, please eat something."
"No!"
"Allie-"
"IM GOING TO BED MOM GO AWAY."
"Okay Allie, I'm going to need you to open the door now, if you don't I'm going to open it myself and you're not going to like it."
"No."
****
*Mariska's POV*
I bust open the door to see Allie on the floor with her shorts on the bed.
"Allie.."
"Go away I want privacy." She said crying and pleading. She was hiding behind her bed. I didn't know what she was doing but I certainly didn't like it.
"What are you doing?"
"I was getting ready to take a bath," she paused.
"But I was looking to see if my bruises went away first." Her head sunk and she crawled under the bed.
"What bruises?"
"Never mind. I'm going to go shower now." She ran quickly into her bathroom and locked the door. I decided to sit on my bed and wait for her to eventually come out.