Making Amends...Or Not?

Later That Night (11:35 PM) (Mariska's Perspective)
"How was the first day?" Peter asked as I sipped some wine on the porch of our hotel room.
"It started off great and then ended horribly." He could see the sadness in my eyes.
"What happened?"
"I asked her about Josh, and she got upset. You know how she doesn't really talk about him at all these days. I said that it's okay to talk to me about him, everyone does and she said: 'not everyone's mom is Mariska Hargitay.' We got into it, and now she isn't speaking."
"This Allie's pattern of behavior. Something's going on, we as parents recognize it, question her, she gets defensive and hurls the most horrible insult, and then we end up here. The fact of the matter is, if she's acting like this...something is going on and we need to intervene."
"Or...she's just a teenager craving privacy." I looked inside at Allie on the phone.
"So it isn't suspicious that we don't know what's going on with them these days?"
"It is. I'll fix this, I need to talk to Dr. Karev, figure out what the best way to approach this is."
"I think that's a fantastic idea, baby. Ahh, I'm going to get ready for bed, play my crossword, have my tea."
"Of course. Good night, old man."
"Hey, you just-" I hung up before he got could get the last word, chuckling.
"Allie, we have a lot to do tomorrow." She got off of the phone with Joy and went under her covers. I'll have to talk to Dr. Karev in the morning.
"Night, I love you." It was silent.
*************************
Breakfast (8:30 AM) (Allie's Perspective)
Yesterday...wasn't the best. Mama and I got into it. I don't know what got into me, I know that she was joking but I just got really angry all of a sudden. And I kind of just stayed that way all day. I talked to Josh about it.

"You should just tell her that you're sorry. You can't take back what you said, but you can say sorry."

I looked up from my fruit bowl. I put one last cherry on my mouth before speaking.
"Mama?" She looked up from her magazine.
"Yes, Allie?"
"I've been mean. Really, really mean. Mama, I'm sorry for speaking to you that way, I really am."
"I accept your apology." She put it down. Forgiveness. Mama always said that we should forgive. Forgive when your best friend lies to you. Forgive when your brothers trash your room. Forgive when your sister shoves you into a wall. Forgive.
"I forgive you, Allie."
"Thank you."
"Next time when you feel like that, talk to me about it before or gets to that point. Like we talked about in Utah, remember?" I nodded.
"We talk about our feelings. Instead of bottling them up. We release them in healthy ways." I really want to have a nice girls trip with Mama, so I'm gonna keep my emotions in control.
"In the spirit of forgiveness I planned something nice for today."
"What?!"
"A helicopter tour of the island. If it looks this pretty now imagine it when we're 10,000 feet in the air." I giggled.
"I know it's just so beautiful. Wait Mama?"
"Yes?"
"You said there would be a surprise when is that happening?"
"Soon my angel. You're gonna love it."
"Is it an object or a person?"
"I'm not telling you.."
"A person?" Mom slid back on her sunglasses.
"It's a person!" I smiled. I wonder who it is.
"You're never gonna tell me who it is so I shouldn't bother." I joked.
"Nope. I'm not!" Mom said enthusiastically, like it was fun for her to keep this secret.
"Allie, have you called your father at all since we've gotten here?"
"No..."
"Why not?" I sort of stared at the ground, hoping that this convo would end.
"Allison?"
"I-I don't wanna talk about it. Not right now." Mama reached out her hand and held mine.
"Okay, honey. It's okay." I just miss him so much that FaceTiming him knowing that he's in Canada makes me really sad, but at the same time him being away has let me think about so many things that's upset me in our father-daughter relationship. It's weird and I shouldn't feel this way, right? I don't know why I'm getting so emotional all of a sudden. I'm crazy.
*********************
The Trinity School (Amaya's Perspective)
"Mymy!" I closed my locker.
"Harp!" I hugged her. For some reason everyone is like sick with this weird bug so I barely have any friends at school these days.
"Wait, don't get too close! I don't wanna get infected." I said.
"Puh-LEASE! I'm the last person that'd infect you. Leave that to Grimey Gordon."
"I feel so bad for him! Why did you guys give him that nickname?" I asked.
"Uhhh, because he smells?"
"Unlike you, Amaya who smells like camomile and lavender he smells like garbage." I felt kind of bad for laughing.
"You are so mean." I joked.
"So Mymy, do you like anyone yet?" Harper asked. Not this question again. I feel like everyone is obsessed with boys. It wasn't like that in 5th grade.
"No, nobody's interesting."
"Oh, come on we're on the third week of school! There has to be someone."
"I only like these guys as friends. Nothing more." I told her.
"Bor-ing! Hmmm, maybe they just need to glow up something." Oh god, why isn't she getting it?! Everyone's changed..
*******************
Cayman Islands Helicopter Tours (George Town) (Allie's Perspective)
"Isn't this breathtaking?" I nodded. The view of Grand Cayman from above was amazing! The water was basically see-through, the palm trees looked so cool, all of the colorful houses and buildings were sparkling from up here.
"We should take a picture, bug." Mama pulled out her phone and we took a photo.
"Are you gonna post that on Instagram?" I asked.
"I was going to crop you out and post it, but if you'd like to be in it you can."
"You could post it...the both of us." Mama usually keeps us private and off of the internet, but since we're older now she asks us if we mind. I don't mind Mama posting the pictures, people don't say mean things about me...I just get scared because of the stalkers.
"Alright. Hey!"