Chapter 9 - Promises can be big

Springtrap's POV

As soon as I get home, a beer bottle gets thrown at me, glass shattering everywhere. Luckily it didn't get me entirely, I just have a small cut on my left leg. "Clean that up yo maggot" dad yells at me, my ears still flattened to my head as I grab the broom and sweep up the scattered glass, I get the dust pan and scooped up the sharp pieces. I walk into the kitchen and dump it into the trash can. "Good, now get cleaned up, someones to check on you two" I obey and go up the creaky stairs, I honestly think the social security people are idiots. I mean, they look at the house and completely ignore the holes and damage it's in, and the scars me and Plushtrap have, and look around some more before saying. "My, what a house. Congrats, you get to keep your kids' yes, it's what they say a lot of times.

I walk into Plushtrap's room and tell him to get a bath, he nods and goes to the bathroom, I go to my room and try to get at least one page of homework done. I love school, just not the people in it, well except Nightmare. Although, I'm waiting for him to do something to make me feel worse, as in abandon me and tell everyone false rumours about me. Pretty sad to be prepared for that huh?

"Boys! Get down here!" Dad yells, but it doesn't sound like his usual yell, which means their here. I roll my eyes as I go down the stairs, Plushtrap joins me at the end of the staircase and we both look at ou dad. "There you are" he says with fake joy of seeing us, you can see him gag at saying that. "Good now let us look around" the people say walking around, one cringes at the kitchen counters, seeing the rot and mold growing there.

After they looked around they did something I was surprised about. "We want to talk to the kids alone please" dad looks at them nervously and nods, having sweat roll down his nose. "S-sure, go ahead" he gulped and sits down on the couch, I say this since if he finds us on it he slaps us. "Come with us please" we follow the people upstairs into my room, they tell us to sit down on my bed so we can begin.

"This must be a little strange huh?" One asks, we nod. "Don't worry, we're just going to ask a few questions and then be out of here" the second one tells us. "Okay, first question, do you you feel like this isn't the home for you?" I tilt my head in confusion. "Like, you don't feel comfortable in your own home" we both nod, the second one writes down on a clip board.

"Seconc question, are there times when you feel helpless" I pause and look at plushtrap then look back and nod. The second one writes some more. "Okay, last question, does your father hit you when you do something wrong?" We both nod, not sure if we should be doing this or not, what would dad say? "Okay, we'll be back soon, just have to go bring this to our office" the second one says, they both leave the room and we sit in silence.

"What will d-dad do?" Plushtrap asks me with his little body shaking. "I won't let him do anything to you, okay?" I tell him, wrapping him into a hug. "You promise?" I look down at him. "I promise".