Chapter 5 - Fireflies

Springtraps POV

Me and Plushtrap sit in silence, just hugging each other, listening to the old house and look out his cracked window. The moon was coming out as well as the stars and the wind blew slightly, making the old house rattle and shake from age, but for some reason it made us feel calm. The only sound we could listen to for hours, others would probably get annoyed by the rattling, but we grew used to it.

"Okay, I think dad went to bed, come on" I hold Plushtraps hand and open the cracked window slightly, hearing nothing around the house, I open it fully. First I stand on the windowsail (?)an get onto the roof, then I wait for Plushes head to poke out, once his little head does, I grab his hand and get him up here. We get to the safe place of the rotted roof and look up, the fireflies blinking everywhere, I look at Plush and find him smiling a real smile.

"One day, week be free from dad, and dance around like fireflies" I tell him, as i tickle his neck and he giggles looking at me with big brown eyes. "Pwomise?" 'Promise.' We sit there, listening to the critters around us, and feel the breeze blowing slightly through my fur. "Can you sing that song?" I look down at Plushtrap questionably. "What song?", "That one that's called fireflies", Okay, sure." (Fireflies by Owl City)

I sing the song, and I'm finished I look at, his eyes were closed and his breathing was slow and steady. How am i going to get him in the house? "Plushtrap" i shake him a little. "Plushtrap, wake up" I shake him harder, he opens his eyes and looks up at me. "Come on, time for you to go to bed" we get inside and I tuck him in his bed. "Good night", "Good night." I sneak into my room and lay on my lumpy mattress, I sigh and close my eyes, letting sleep come over me.

(Time skip to tomorrow)

"Wake up maggot!" I get a slap on the face and shot up from bed. "Get dressed your runnin' late!" Dad yells walking out, I hold my cheek while going over to my dresser, I get a blue shirt with jeans and get dressed. I walk out into the kitchen, dad was in there getting a beer. "Now get to school!" He booms, making me jump and run to the back sliding door, I jump off the back porch and climb over the fence. I run all the way to school, and once I get there I'm out of breath and realise I forgot my backpack. "Dang it" I say under my breath, I enter the school and go to the office.

"Hello spring, I see your late again" Mr.bean says smiling at me. "Yeah I slept late" I laugh, he nods and gives me the clipboard, I sign my name and what time I got here and write the reason why I was late. I hand it back to him and he looks at me concerned. "What happened to your cheek?" I panic and think of something fast. "I tripped on my way here" I say fast, he gives me a look then sighs. "If something is going on at home, you can tell me, you know that right?" He tells me. "I know, but nothing happening, it's fine" I say smiling at him. "Okay then..." I tell him bye and walk out, and go down the hallway, I look at the classroom numbers and stop at the one I'm looking for.

I knock on the door, already knowing its locked at this time, the teacher opens the door and looks at me. "Your late young man" she says. "I know, here" I give her the slip and walk in, taking my seat in the back. The lesson starts again and i listen to every word.