➳ chapter fourteen

It's been very awkward lately, not because of the whole phenomenon that took up the space in Harry's mind, but within the whole student body it's been quiet. Too quiet.

Maybe because of the strange weather, they say there's a 78% chance they'll have rain.

But this is Encino for christ sakes. It rarely even gets dark.

Harry caught the sudden the vibe as soon as he walked through the school doors. Watching how everyone around him seemed dazed. And no one was paying attention to him.

Not that anyone ever did pay attention to him. But ever since he started hanging out with Liam more, he was sort of getting the attention that Liam usually got when he comes in the morning.

Starting out his day with a "Sup man." From the closest guy as he shook his hand. Then was given a coffee from Amanda who has a secret crush on him even though they were just childhood friends. Then he would be greeted by all the cheerleaders before he headed to his first period.

But with Harry, he would walk in and not a single soul would pay attention. But when he hung out with Liam—

He was almost the Victoria Beckham to his David Beckham.

So today was different, who cares. But like who wouldn't notice his new outfit which consisted of pairing black docs that were tucked into his corduroy jeans and the top that Cher gifted last week.

"Harry!" A girls voice shouted from the other side of the busy hallway.

Harry turns around, "What's up, Cher."

"A lot." Cher replies. She continues.

"First off. Cute top." She nods her head while smirking.

Tai was of course on her side and had her arm around Cher's as she agrees with her statement by nodding.

"My stylist thought this would've been the best option to stand out of the grey crowd today." Harry refers to Cher as she was the one who gave it to him after all.

"Speaking of grey, why is everyone so bummed today?" Harry asks.

Tai and Cher take the time to observe their surroundings. "Beats me, but surely it's because report cards drop today. Hopefully none of my teachers are rigid and go ham on mine."

Harry shrugs.

"Anyways, the crew thought it would be cool and skip the rest of the day to go to mall. You in?" Cher asks confidently.

"I mean I was planning on being a good student today and do my homework and bring a trophy to my dad today-" Harry says.

They all look at each other before they laughed hysterically. Harry's humor was the best at times.

"Anyways, everyone is already there at the mall. Meet us at the parking lot in a few minutes. Me and Tai have to convince Mr. Tillman for an extension on our papers so we'll see you a second."

Harry rolls his eyes, "Oh? And what makes you think you'll get one after all the trouble you caused him the last quarter?"

"The fact that i've done this for the past three years and haven't met a single failure. Besides Tai and I are wearing our special skirts today."