➳ chapter thirteen

It's not hatred in his heart that defiled his way of being to act this brutal towards a person who took care of him in his state of toxicity.

Zayn didn't really mean for it to go this far as it did.

Shoot— he didn't notice him till this year. He knew who he was after so long, knowing that Harry was between being popular but also a very quiet peer amongst the preserved students in high school.

Harry wasn't a nobody at this point. Sure, he's not all that, Gigi is. And sure, Harry didn't seem interested in him the way Zayn wanted him to be. And the key here is that he was with Liam, or something.

So why did Harry take a big toll on him? Why is it that seconds after he left, Zayn was still stunned after that whole fiasco?

He was surely mad, knowing he would win this battle between him and Harry but he didn't? It made him confused. He knew now that what he did was wrong. He should probably apologize and make amends. But something inside of him made him irritated that we would apologize to someone like Harry. It shouldn't effect his judgement on someone like Harry. But there was a distinction between him, being a football player, and Harry— an average teen spirit.

This definitely killed his buzz, and he felt ashamed that he made someone like Harry cry. He needed to do something before it's over between them.

Zayn made it his mission to find Harry before he left. He was in between crowds. Asking if they've seen a soft boys with green eyes and golden locks.

"Liam!" He shouted.

Liam dancing with Niall and another girl. "Yeah, man?!"

"Have you seen Harry?!"

"No, man. He actually just left..."

Zayn didn't stay for a second to hear the rest of Liam. Only to race towards the door and find Harry.

Hoping that Harry was still outside to say sorry made his heart jump and his emotions come to a halt. He wished that Harry hadn't left.

But he guessed he was too late.
______

"Jesus, Harry. You haven't talked to me in forever and suddenly I get a call from you at this time of night. Why'd you have me drive all the way to Encino for?" Cher asked, without even seeing the tears that rested on Harry's cheeks since she was focused on the road more, as she should...

"Please, Cher. I don't wanna talk about it." Harry sadly mumbled. This time- alerting Cher the wrong way.

She turned her head to him, "Oh my god, Harry. What's wrong babe?"

"Nothing, Cher." Harry responded. He was too tired and too ashamed to talk.

Cher knew how hard it was to talk to Harry whenever he was in his feeling. So she nodded, but she was still mad inside.

Wondering what asshole did this to him. She furrowed her eyebrows while still driving. Her mission now was to get them to her house safely and binge watch some Bewitched.

Harry didn't care really if she drove them to her house. Of course, he expected it since she took the free way back home which is the way going back to her house.

All he wanted to do was get as far away from Zayn's house and call it a day.

When they arrived at Cher's house, of course The Cher Cher was wanted to lighten the mood. "Hi MTV, welcome to my crib!" She half laughed.

(A/N: I know I said this books setting is set in the 80's but this reference is from the 2000's please dont hate me :(( I had no other jokes in mind.)